Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

I’m one of those that didn’t tip up. 290 mile round trip every home game but was working today and will be again tomorrow so couldn’t get there. What is with some city ‘fans’ that they always have to find something blue to moan at? I’d have thought, given the week we’ve had there were a few more legitimate targets than blues who couldn’t get to a rearranged midweek game, in half term, with no notice and shit weather. But apparently not.
I hold my hands up .I only live 31 miles from from the ground (Mid Cheshire) but for the passed 4 years I have been so pissed off with the M56 congestion for the Stockport turnoff that I`ve decided to fuck all mid week games off.Why ?? I enjoy sitting in my local boozer,supping one of the finest pints of Guinness anywhere at £3.40,along with other fair minded City fans, who dont really give a shit as to the actual attendance figures,when at the end of the day doesn`t win you a further Trophy.

I’m one of those that didn’t tip up. 290 mile round trip every home game but was working today and will be again tomorrow so couldn’t get there. What is with some city ‘fans’ that they always have to find something blue to moan at? I’d have thought, given the week we’ve had there were a few more legitimate targets than blues who couldn’t get to a rearranged midweek game, in half term, with no notice and shit weather. But apparently not.
Well said that.
I was there, but living where I do that wasn't a stretch
If we'd been able to accommodate a rearrangement later in the season the attendance would have been better - oh for the days when our season was over by now and we could have picked any week we wanted

Had a nobhead villa fan come up to me in the bar, mumbled something about empty seats.
Told him I’m a grown up and couldn’t give a fuck about attendances. He stuttered a bit then walked off and left me in peace.

I luckily was able to go tonight, but had looked at potentially taking this week off work with it being the winter break thingy, which I’m positive many others did especially with it being half term. We were supposed to not play until Saturday. Loads of people would have had prior plans. I thought we were noisier than we have been for a while tonight, great support for the sheikh, pep and of course zab!!

Listening to the radio on the way home. Empty seats the first thing mentioned. Rag **** saying he’d be embarrassed but hilariously missing the point that he’s NEVER at a rags midweek match as he’s working

Also since when did attendances become a more important talking point than the actual football. Important games tonight home and abroad but a few thousand empty seats appears to be more important

2 out of seven tonight.
Me from Eccles, brother from Wakefield
My Sons partner expecting baby any time,
My daughter had to work in Newcastle for the day HMRC ( don’t ask ).
I friend lives in Cambridge, other friends wife’s brother has a suspected broken hip, other friend had to work....
We’re all season ticket holders but sometimes shit happens

What do you mean by your last paragraph.
That the interests of the match going fan have diminished to an extent which is deleterious to the best commercial Interests of the PL. Match going, long-standing fans are a big part of the ‘product’. They have been taken for granted.

From a commercial perspective, you can’t blame the clubs. They kept putting the prices up, and inconveniencing supporters more and more, but crowds kept rising, because it was a great product. They’ve manifestly pushed it too far, however. Hopefully they’ll have the good sense to realise this.

Not holding my breath.

Listening to the radio on the way home. Empty seats the first thing mentioned. Rag **** saying he’d be embarrassed but hilariously missing the point that he’s NEVER at a rags midweek match as he’s working

Also since when did attendances become a more important talking point than the actual football. Important games tonight home and abroad but a few thousand empty seats appears to be more important
Everyone knows why the crowd was down. Re-arranged short term so long distance fans would find it very difficult to go.

If it was a scheduled midweek game and we got that crowd, I'd be worried.

No corporate-(a West Ham fan) cheese and biscuits were amazing. I saw prestwich blue being interviewed for sky news tonight. He is everywhere.
@Prestwich_Blue is an absolute gent. So much so, I’ve decided to forgive him for calling me ‘tedious and repetitive’ in a pm once when he was a mod.

Partly because he was correct in his analysis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.