Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

The thread title is Don't Blame Fans for the Empty Seats. Well I bet the OP is really embarrassed now after yesterdays pathetic showing.

There was me and Marvin there, no one else. After the abuse Marvin got I wasn't going to say anything but some things need to be said. So where were you lot ? a smidge of rain and you stay at home nice and warm, huh.

Don’t forget officially with most clubs you can no longer just go up to the ground minutes before kick off and buy a ticket at the turnstiles

all has to be done in advance

I was amazed Stockport county no longer sell tickets on the day at their gates. Has to be done digitally
Took my lad to Bolton v Ipswich a couple of years back, was amazed that they had a cash only turnstile in the away end, ok it wasn't exactly rammed, but nevertheless it was a very welcome surprise

Took my lad to Bolton v Ipswich a couple of years back, was amazed that they had a cash only turnstile in the away end, ok it wasn't exactly rammed, but nevertheless it was a very welcome surprise
Most clubs I have visited recently have automated turnstiles so it isn’t an option.

It can mean queuing twice once for a ticket and once to get through the automated gate. Some clubs have a number of ticket booths where you can get a ticket for cash or via credit card.

FFP contributes to the problem. Clubs are under pressure from 2 sides: FFP means they have to keep income up, while players hold all the aces and push wage costs up.

When I can’t go it’s 99% of the time for health issues, which can happen 1-2 days before or on the day of the game.

If one of a number of mates can use my SC I let them use it for free.
I can’t plan illness 3 weeks in advance, except if I’m going in hospital, then one of these mates can rearrange their schedule.

Due to the short timeframe City aren’t going to resell my ticket if I go through the scheme.

I’d rather be able to tell City I’m not going up to 3 hrs before the game and a walk up with a citizens card can buy it on the day of the game, but as far as I’m aware they don’t/ can’t do this.

I seem to recall that match day sales were once illegal for premier league games, (or against FA rules), but don’t appear to be now. Is this true or was it just the clubs that decided this?

Also, citizens cards should have photo I.D. specifically for this walk up purchase and these walk up tickets given out should be printed on a different colour card (e.g. yellow) and indicate to the gate staff like senior or junior cards do so that they can be checked against citizens card ID at the gate. (Or the citizens card with photo could be activated for the correct entrance and they just get a paper slip with seat number on it)

T
Watching PSG v Lyon.

Paris has 1 football team, PSG.

The population of Paris is 10mill.
Apart from Paris FC (Ligue 2), Red Star FC (National 1), US Créteil (National 2), and Racing Club (National 3).​

A lot of season ticket holders didn't tip up tonight. After the week we've had, that's poor. Some can't go, I get that, well give your tickets away you tight sods. I had a row of 18 empty seats behind me, all season ticket holders, I'm not having it that every one of them is away. I don't normally give a damn about the emptyhad jokes, but tonight we deserve everything we get thrown at us. I suppose the amount of games takes their toll but this was season ticket holders that didn't turn up.

Half term round most of Manchester, a big accident in m60, affecting the m62, m56, plus late rearrangement, on tv and dogshit weather im not surprised at the attendance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.