Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

At least the Away tickets are going to lower points than many Blues expected. City Matters seem to have brought about an improvement in that regard.
Agreed. And I must admit I was a bit of unsure about that one. So credit where it's due.
I'm not anti City Matters in fact I'm in favour of it. I just think that ticket prices is a serious issue that the fan reprentatives should be able to talk to the club about

Agreed. And I must admit I was a bit of unsure about that one. So credit where it's due.
I'm not anti City Matters in fact I'm in favour of it. I just think that ticket prices is a serious issue that the fan reprentatives should be able to talk to the club about

I agree mate. As well as the ticket prices, I think the Club could show a bit of common sense in terms of trying to phase when tickets go on sale rather than people feeling like they need to cough up for the rags cup semi, Madrid and Fulham etc at the same time (as well as Prem away games).

I don’t think cheaper season tickets will necessarily mean less empty seats would it?

If anything, cheaper season tickets could mean more people don’t mind missing more the odd game.

Yes I think it would mean more too. I do think a lot of our empty seats currently are exactly that - season ticket holders that don’t go.

The one thing I’m not a fan of is all of the tickets going on sale before the season starts. I’m a cityzens member as I can only go to a few games due to other commitments nowadays and always go to games with my son. I don’t like that I have to commit that early for (and pay outright for) all of the tickets for the season, particularly when they’re so liable to change kick off times nowadays. I’d have been better off a couple of seasons ago getting us both season tickets and just not going to a load or trying to sell them on, I just didn’t think it was right to do that though.

This year, I only bought for a couple of games up front, the problem then though is finding two together via the ticket exchange.

not had time to read all the thread but FFP must have something to do with ticket pricing to make revenue to off set other items, like tv deal the powers that be instead of insisting the cost should be cheaper they opened it up move 3 maybe 4 providers needed to watch your team all charging top prices,

Yes I think it would mean more too. I do think a lot of our empty seats currently are exactly that - season ticket holders that don’t go.

The one thing I’m not a fan of is all of the tickets going on sale before the season starts. I’m a cityzens member as I can only go to a few games due to other commitments nowadays and always go to games with my son. I don’t like that I have to commit that early for (and pay outright for) all of the tickets for the season, particularly when they’re so liable to change kick off times nowadays. I’d have been better off a couple of seasons ago getting us both season tickets and just not going to a load or trying to sell them on, I just didn’t think it was right to do that though.

This year, I only bought for a couple of games up front, the problem then though is finding two together via the ticket exchange.
Exactly my issue we bought for 3 games at the start, even that was difficult getting 2 together, got returned Southampton tickets in SS3. As you say 2 cheap s/c on direct debit would work but I wouldn’t be able to go to anymore games than 6 or 7 so would be leaving seats I couldnt sell on the exchange empty. I’m sure some do though, especially if they can do half the games or just over.

Exactly my issue we bought for 3 games at the start, even that was difficult getting 2 together, got returned Southampton tickets in SS3. As you say 2 cheap s/c on direct debit would work but I wouldn’t be able to go to anymore games than 6 or 7 so would be leaving seats I couldnt sell on the exchange empty. I’m sure some do though, especially if they can do half the games or just over.

i thought there was a rule about having to attend so many now if a ST holder or it will be taken off you. I may be wrong though. The empty seats are mainly non attendees though rather than unsold seats.

i thought there was a rule about having to attend so many now if a ST holder or it will be taken off you. I may be wrong though. The empty seats are mainly non attendees though rather than unsold seats.
There's a rule that the club can refuse to renew if you don't attend or list at least 10 games on the exchange. There may well be a very reasonable explanation for that though.

It's quite true that most empty seats are no-shows.

I think the club could offer the ability for all regular no-shows to release and donate their seat. Forget getting money back. There will of course be genuine reason for not attending for a minority through personal circumstances etc, but if the ST holders from far or close, that will be working know, click a box and confirm on the City app. Bam! Card released to the first come, first served. Any funds to cover admin costs and maybe donate what that fan thinks it is worth to CITC...

That’s only a recent thing though isn’t it?

There’s clearly something to be done when you’ve got people like me willing to pay for a couple of tickets that can’t get them and yet there’s empty seats in the ground. I’m not sure what that is though!

That’s only a recent thing though isn’t it?

There’s clearly something to be done when you’ve got people like me willing to pay for a couple of tickets that can’t get them and yet there’s empty seats in the ground. I’m not sure what that is though!
There was a problem in previous seasons in the Family Stand where there were pockets of empty seats even in games that are sold out but I haven't seen that this season. This season demand is at an all time high for tickets, but I am not seeing any empty seats apart from the hospitality areas which only seem to be filled for the big games. That is an inherent weakness in hospitality seating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.