Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win dug out yesterday. Conditions fierce and we didn't play well, missed two absolute sitters but got there for a vital 3 points. Nerves were shredded but got there with a great winning goal. And breathe.
Watched 2nd half thought Aberdeen were the better team.goals get points tho and if dons had scored their sitter yous probably would have lost.

In my opinion.think the gap may be too much now but none of my celtic (or rangers) mates are confident yet.

Watched 2nd half thought Aberdeen were the better team.goals get points tho and if dons had scored their sitter yous probably would have lost.

In my opinion.think the gap may be too much now but none of my celtic (or rangers) mates are confident yet.

I am confident we will see it out. Possibly even increase the gap. We had a dip in form and failed to trap last game against them. Being Rangers they go overboard thinking they won the CL. One game does not a season make.

They never created any chances. We missed two absolute sitters as well. It was a hard game on a shit pitch in high winds. It's games like that that win you league's.

Another shocking 2nd half for yous last night

Still should have scored two at least Shocking is a bit harsh. We got a draw away from home and will go through. We have gone from losing every away game to not losing one. That's progress and we should have been out of sight in the first half. We will go through and Rangers will go out. That's all that matters to me.

Well that's another weekend gone and Slippy's team, eh, well they slipped again,away from home to the mighty St Johnstone, to open up a 12 point lead with a goal difference of 19.

Teeth are being gnashed to stumps up here by the peepel, who, six weeks ago, had the flag wrapped up with a big red white and blue ribbon and in a Uber to Ibrox.

Well that Uber was highjacked of the flag and the only thing it's delivering is torment and angst.

Every year since they came up through the league's as a new club, who had to apply to rejoin, we have listened to how 55 was on the cards. I don't know what cards they buy, but it seems the pack contains nothing but Jokers. Slippy's reaction at CP showed he felt the same. We were truly and disgracefully rank that day, putting in the most inept and shameful performance I had ever seen against them. But, here's the thing, I knew we would regain form, learn from that farce and give themselves a kick in the balls. Which every one of them deserved. One game does not a season make. To win any league requires consistency, dealing with games when you let everyone down, picking yourself up and saying to all those who hoped we would fall, aye, do you fucking think so.

Thursday sees us also having a great opportunity to reach the last 16 of the Europa, not bad for a pub team. If we get through that then you never know. I still think we needed another good CB bought in January as we are thin in that area, but going forward I believe we can score against anybody left in it.

9 looks to be nearly there, after that we will hopefully spend some of the £75m we will have in the bank to take us up another notch and secure 10.

Spare a thought for my best pal,w has gone off grid recently. If anybody has any knowledge of his whereabouts, please tell him it's ok. He can reply to my texts and I have a big shoulder for him to cry on. And that it will also be available for a few years to come.

I do what I can.

Well that's another weekend gone and Slippy's team, eh, well they slipped again,away from home to the mighty St Johnstone, to open up a 12 point lead with a goal difference of 19.

Teeth are being gnashed to stumps up here by the peepel, who, six weeks ago, had the flag wrapped up with a big red white and blue ribbon and in a Uber to Ibrox.

Well that Uber was highjacked of the flag and the only thing it's delivering is torment and angst.

Every year since they came up through the league's as a new club, who had to apply to rejoin, we have listened to how 55 was on the cards. I don't know what cards they buy, but it seems the pack contains nothing but Jokers. Slippy's reaction at CP showed he felt the same. We were truly and disgracefully rank that day, putting in the most inept and shameful performance I had ever seen against them. But, here's the thing, I knew we would regain form, learn from that farce and give themselves a kick in the balls. Which every one of them deserved. One game does not a season make. To win any league requires consistency, dealing with games when you let everyone down, picking yourself up and saying to all those who hoped we would fall, aye, do you fucking think so.

Thursday sees us also having a great opportunity to reach the last 16 of the Europa, not bad for a pub team. If we get through that then you never know. I still think we needed another good CB bought in January as we are thin in that area, but going forward I believe we can score against anybody left in it.

9 looks to be nearly there, after that we will hopefully spend some of the £75m we will have in the bank to take us up another notch and secure 10.

Spare a thought for my best pal,w has gone off grid recently. If anybody has any knowledge of his whereabouts, please tell him it's ok. He can reply to my texts and I have a big shoulder for him to cry on. And that it will also be available for a few years to come.

I do what I can.

Here's the thing - and after a more than rocky start to your time on here between us, I've grown to quite enjoy you being here so don't think this is me being confrontational - your rants against Rangers stink of there being more to it than an 8 year old club. You know they're not, we know they're not, and if you want anyone to pay any attention whatsoever to what you write about them, it would be better if you admitted that you hate the same club now as you did nine years ago.

Here's the thing - and after a more than rocky start to your time on here between us, I've grown to quite enjoy you being here so don't think this is me being confrontational - your rants against Rangers stink of there being more to it than an 8 year old club. You know they're not, we know they're not, and if you want anyone to pay any attention whatsoever to what you write about them, it would be better if you admitted that you hate the same club now as you did nine years ago.

He just uses it to mask his ever increasing Scottish nationalism.

If the Rags had gone tits up you would do the same and certainly the peepel would if it had been us. Its how football fans act when their biggest rivals fall. To say I shouldn't do this is nonsense, you know you would take the piss out of the Rags. Its football.

He just uses it to mask his ever increasing Scottish nationalism.
For the vast majority of my life I was against indy because I felt more kinship with other areas of Britain and wanted to provide Labour seats to help beat the Tories.

When it became increasingly clear that much of the working class vote was going to the Tories the ball was burst. We haven't voted Tory in a majority up here for nearly 70 years. We don't like them and when it became obvious that those feelings were not shared, a choice had to be made. The SNP vote is predominantly ex Labour voters like myself. Now that we have that shower of right wing Toffs in charge under Bellend Boris, there is no choice. If you have read any of my posts on this, you will see I am not overly confident it will ever happen. To some up here it is like Stockholm Syndrome. I think a combination of Brexit reality and Boris might move the dial, but I wouldn't put any money on it. I am hopeful, but far from convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.