UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I get this right fifa are bribing the briber that if he pays them to stop the pressing charges, so bribing the briber and this is legal ?
I can see bug companies starting to pull out of sponsoring football

View it one of 2 ways... FIFA blackmailing the person who made the bribe. Or the person who made the original bribe bribing someone else to make the original charge of bribery go away!

You are looking at a lot of dying businesses here. None of them (except perhaps the Financial Times which has lots of paid online subscribers) can survive on the small digital revenues they generate alone. These days these newspaper readerships represent a tiny section of public opinion. Most people know the content can't be trusted.
Not entirely. The print business is dying but some of them will be successful in the digital world. The news and media group of the Guardian is profitable and most of its revenue now comes from digital sources (56%) which is why I keep asking City fans to boycott it online. Fans seem to think that as long as they don't physically give them cash then they aren't supporting them but using their web-site and commenting online drives their revenue through advertising. They record their 'reads' and 'comments' and I am pretty sure that the feel of their journalism has changed in the digital world. The articles are provocative and designed as click-bait inviting the football fan to respond and trigger a snowball of discussion and traffic.

Not entirely. The print business is dying but some of them will be successful in the digital world. The news and media group of the Guardian is profitable and most of its revenue now comes from digital sources (56%) which is why I keep asking City fans to boycott it online. Fans seem to think that as long as they don't physically give them cash then they aren't supporting them but using their web-site and commenting online drives their revenue through advertising. They record their 'reads' and 'comments' and I am pretty sure that the feel of their journalism has changed in the digital world. The articles are provocative and designed as click-bait inviting the football fan to respond and trigger a snowball of discussion and traffic.
I think most of the Guardian's digital revenues are leveraged on the back of the shrinking print advertising which they can still sell at premium rates. Without double checking the figures I think the Guardian has actually only made a profit once in the last 20 years. A lot of traffic to its website is from overseas. I know how much you like the Guardian (not) so hopefully you will share my hope that it continues to go down the pan. I actually think it is doomed as much as the tabloids are. The last one standing will be the Daily Mail which will survive by taking readers from its rivals as they slowly vanish.

Annual changes in circulation:

Source: https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/nati...ay-print-drop-first-2020-circulation-figures/

hlX4XDN.png

This ignores the digital media which survives by selling advertising . The online trolling of City fans in the papers are very effective at bringing in traffic which drives advertising. I made the mistake yesterday of criticising one paper's comment on Manchester City's 'football fandom' and it quickly became a magnet for Liverpool trolls. It's tempting to defend City fans and the club in their pages but it's counterproductive. Better to ignore them entirely and improve City fans' media content. See for example: https://boltfromtheblue.live/2018/11/18/how-uefa-shifted-the-goalposts-to-shaft-man-city/

I've read that you advocate not visiting the Guardian. Saw someone even refer to you and Blue Moon. I had nothing to do yesterday so over the course of a couple of hours I used Tor to visit the Guardian, reporting all anti-City posts that I came across. Hopefully I played a part in having comments closed. I reckon if a few of us did that on every footy article where City are getting abuse then we could succeed in getting the comments closed very quickly. Why should the regular trolls over there have free reign to write whatever garbage they like about our club and fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.