Talksport

I sullied myself this morning and turned it on. Jim White, Simon Jordan and Rob Harris. I heard them say Manchester City, Jordan said EUFA punishment is lenient and the PL MUST relegate them and I turned it off. I’d imagine what followed was a critic of Jordan taking Crystal Palace into administration (twice) with a full discussion on how he almost oversaw the death of the club he purports to support. Selhurst Park Ltd also went into administration, at the same time, which meant selling the ground. This was after he’d ‘bought’ it through a myriad of companies which eventually led back to the actual ownership of the ground being Paul Kemsley and a venture capital company.

I’d imagine they then talked about how he then sued Ian Dowie and won in the high court but settled just before it being heard in the appeal court (appeal court, what is that I wonder).
Finally, I’d reckon they got on to when he was charged by the FA with bring the game into disrepute. He appealed (that word again) saying that: “I didn’t start this fight but it’s not something I’m going to walk away from”. In his column in The Observer he wrote that he and his advisors were "now considering taking this through the courts. Any legal action I take won't be about wasting time or resources on a petty point of principle – it'd be an attempt to see the whole thing unravel." Funny him wanting due process and you’d think he’d know better than most. Mind you, at that time he was being advised by a chap called Max Clifford.....

I really hope our legal team are watching Jordan closely.....

I really hope our legal team are watching Jordan closely.....
Jordan, more than anyone, has repeated false and damaging allegations against City on repeated occasions. He has made many defamatory comments so it would be an easy case for us. We would have to sue Talksport as the broadcaster/online publisher as well because they have deeper pockets than Jordan. A lot of Jordan's comments have also had racial undertones wth repeated references to our owner's heritage. We could probably finish his radio career without too much difficulty if we chose to do so.

Jordan, more than anyone, has repeated false and damaging allegations against City on repeated occasions. He has made many defamatory comments so it would be an easy case for us. We would have to sue Talksport as the broadcaster/online publisher as well because they have deeper pockets than Jordan. A lot of Jordan's comments have also had racial undertones wth repeated references to our owner's heritage. We could probably finish his radio career without too much difficulty if we chose to do so.

He is an odious human being.

At this moment in time he can say what he likes but as soon as City get cleared then legal ears will be focused on him for sure.
I'm really hopeful about Ferrans comments with regard to using the FFP legal battle to also put to rest some of the underlying stuff about city. Hopefully we'll embroil some of these 'journalists' in legal battles that cost more than their houses are worth.

Don't EVER ring up and think you'll be allowed to make a salient, incisive and detailed retort to whoever it is that's pissed you off......... you won't!

You'll be shouted down, cut off, have the volume turned down or have your 'bad line' terminated. Its a fools errand and the mark of an idiot ringing a radio phone in show.

Someone made that mistake today, didn't come across too well as they were only given a few sentences before Jordan had a 10 minute irrelevant rant.

There was a question to Pep from some c@nt asking in essence will it stick around the world that city are a bad club regarding the ban! Well C@nt face if your mates in the media stopped reporting fcuking lies continually about our club maybe just maybe we would have this question in the first place! Bottom line City have cocked it up not having a pr that watches and listen out for utter bile like Jordan has spouted for years and the majority of the media have spouted or wrote! We come out that it’s political and it’s is but surely we can do something about all the media kicking us continually? Cant we threaten them that it is damaging our brand? Maybe if we were on the stock market a plc we could make more of point that is damaging our brand?! I don’t know just think the club could do a hell of a lot MORE!!!

There was a question to Pep from some c@nt asking in essence will it stick around the world that city are a bad club regarding the ban! Well C@nt face if your mates in the media stopped reporting fcuking lies continually about our club maybe just maybe we would have this question in the first place! Bottom line City have cocked it up not having a pr that watches and listen out for utter bile like Jordan has spouted for years and the majority of the media have spouted or wrote! We come out that it’s political and it’s is but surely we can do something about all the media kicking us continually? Cant we threaten them that it is damaging our brand? Maybe if we were on the stock market a plc we could make more of point that is damaging our brand?! I don’t know just think the club could do a hell of a lot MORE!!!
We can do a hell of a lot more and should have been more proactive in the past but, to be fair, we are constrained at present by the impending case. We can't risk any action which may jeopardise our appeal. We don't need any distractions for the next few months. We have to keep our powder dry. I recall a case many years ago when a businessman in my area was arrested by the fraud squad and prosecuted. The local paper made hay at the time of his arrest but after he was cleared he took the paper to the cleaners for huge damages and costs. He also got a huge pay-out from the police. More recently we have seen the expensive fall-out from the phone hacking probe into the media. If City are cleared we will hold all the cards.

We can do a hell of a lot more and should have been more proactive in the past but, to be fair, we are constrained at present by the impending case. We can't risk any action which may jeopardise our appeal. We don't need any distractions for the next few months. We have to keep our powder dry. I recall a case many years ago when a businessman in my area was arrested by the fraud squad and prosecuted. The local paper made hay at the time of his arrest but after he was cleared he took the paper to the cleaners for huge damages and costs. He also got a huge pay-out from the police. More recently we have seen the expensive fall-out from the phone hacking probe into the media. If City are cleared we will hold all the cards.

Thing is when/if we get cleared on past history city will do naff all! I would hope City have a list of all the whole lot of them who wrote shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.