UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. by the time the goal was let stand, the moment had passed.

VAR was meant to correct clear and obvious refereeing errors. Not to make sure only clear and obvious goals stood.
As far as we know it never went to VAR though other than a quick clear and obvious check, otherwise the monitor would have been used, same with the red card and penalty.. Simple fact is VAR is used much more like it was intended in C/L and other leagues than it is in the premier league.

Let's hope the rest of City's fan-base are a bit more difficult to dislodge.

Or if more had made the same decision - not just at City but within football generally, we might not have VAR and the game of football might be in a much better state.

But it's only because people take pride in wanting to be the biggest blue/red/mug that the broadcasters and football authorities know they can take the piss out of people and do what they want to the game without any consequences.

Enjoy your VAR, electronic flags, and £70 replica shirts.

Or if more had made the same decision - not just at City but within football generally, we might not have VAR and the game of football might be in a much better state.

But it's only because people take pride in wanting to be the biggest blue/red/mug that the broadcasters and football authorities know they can take the piss out of people and do what they want to the game without any consequences.

We were always getting VAR there was almost a clamour for it a few years ago. For most leagues it works fine and will improv, and at some point will in the P/L too.There are plenty of flags, electronic isn't an issue. Expensive replica shirts are hardly a recent thing. Are there niggles with modern football, yes,then again there were in he past too, are they worth giving football up for, not for most of us.

We were always getting VAR there was almost a clamour for it a few years ago. For most leagues it works fine and will improv, and at some point will in the P/L too.There are plenty of flags, electronic isn't an issue. Expensive replica shirts are hardly a recent thing. Are there niggles with modern football, yes,then again there were in he past too, are they worth giving football up for, not for most of us.

I thought VAR might be a good idea too but I was wrong and didn't think through the consequences of not being able to celebrate goals fully anymore in case they're reviewed and disallowed 5 minutes later. I don't know any league where they don't use VAR to check goals and can't see it ever not being used for that purpose so I completely disagree that there are places where it works fine and it will work fine in the future.

I never said I've given up football by the way, just my season ticket. I wish more football fans would have done the same to be honest because I think the game would be better but I suppose it's not just your SkySports subscriber who likes VAR although then again, aren't you from Scotland so I can't imagine you get to many matches anyway?

No. We failed FFP by a considerable difference. You're effectively saying that because someone was found guilty and wasn't sent to jail, they were innocent.
More like if caught speeding, you can take the points or do a course.

The mitigation of the pre 2012 contracts was an allowed route to compliance which was taken away.

As far as we know it never went to VAR though other than a quick clear and obvious check, otherwise the monitor would have been used, same with the red card and penalty.. Simple fact is VAR is used much more like it was intended in C/L and other leagues than it is in the premier league.

Keep PiGMOL and their corrupt lackies away from VAR and it could be implemented properly .

If the PL has any serious intent of making the game better ( and more honest ) then the twats at PiGMOL and Stockley Park would be given the boot or made to implement it as it is intended to be used.

There was no clamour for it , I think some of us knew how it would go & it’s been worse , the effect of non celebration of goals I don’t think anyone saw coming , it’s destroyed the best part about football.

Do these hacked emails still exist somewhere? Maybe still with Der Spiegel? I’m wondering if ‘stuff’ exists on other clubs and who, if anyone, is looking through them all.

I wish you were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.