UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and even if it was true, there's no chance the media will run with it as they are equally in cahoots

If PB is right, why would any journo worth their salt not run the story and continue with their attack on us

Either what PB has heard is bollocks or there's no way it'll ever come out anyway

He seemed pretty confident when taking to him today.

Why would they go in so hard on us then if in the background they all know this other story?

Why do they fawn over Liverpool if they all know there's a story showing they've cheated or whatever it is that's being implied?

I get the non printing by UK papers, although I don't see why one of the more maverick hacks, particularly the offshore journos not bound doesn't run it
I’m not to the point of thinking anyone has concrete evidence that Liverpool cheated that’s gonna come out soon...but I think you are giving the media too much credit for being neutral arbiters when you ask why would they go in on City, regardless of what info they have. Consider the possibility that they are not only not neutral, and even go beyond being biased, & are actually to the point of pushing an agenda of influential and wealthy actors. Given some of the shit we know politico journalists have helped push that have led to drawn out wars, I dont think it’s hard to imagine a sports journo being an errand boy for a powerful lobby who gives him free food, a couple cocktails and some “insider” access in return for a few blog posts that push an agenda on something that in the grand scheme of things is far less important than war. How likely is it Miggy et al backtrack even if City produce a “smoking gun” piece of evidence that totally exonerates them? I’m going with not very, they are all in now.

Why would they go in so hard on us then if in the background they all know this other story?

Why do they fawn over Liverpool if they all know there's a story showing they've cheated or whatever it is that's being implied?

I get the non printing by UK papers, although I don't see why one of the more maverick hacks, particularly the offshore journos not bound doesn't run it

Because they know that all of the mud that they throw at us now will still be showing the stains when the other stuff does come out. Hitting us now because that's their remit.

Not disputing him being confident or acting in good faith but something doesn't add up

These journos act the way they do despite knowing the "truth"??

Something not adding up there as they're either knowingly setting themselves up to look stupid in the future or its bollocks and there is no story

If it's all true, I'm not sure they'd even run it with any great enthusiasm and if that's the case, who will run it?
The words journalist and truth should never be stated in the same sentence.

Because we're at war
Can't expect the other side to report fairly
Does every journalist in the world know what's going on?

"Offshore" lawyers exist in other countries
They may have the story but, if it's as dynamite as suggested it would require robust verification of the fats before publishing, maybe that's what PB alludes to in his comment "lawyers"? It doesn't mean there are injunctions.
A journalist may have asked questions of alleged offenders and they deny it and threaten legal action should it be published.
City won't release anything until they are ready and will have a strategy of how they do so. Remember the Washington Post waited until they had checked, and checked again, the facts of the Watergate scandal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.