COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was not mass hysteria in the news ( I notice storms and global warming seem not to be an issue now) and we didn't know about covid, nobody in this country as yet would have noticed anything different from any other year. The two deaths among ill elderly folk could have been caused by seasonal flu without being any concern.

I know it seems to be absolutely hysteria and I can’t seem to think and make rational thoughts anymore due to the NEWS.

I have booked a family holiday for a trip to japan in April some time ago . A lot of people tell me not to go , oh I wouldn’t go there , why are you doing that. Well it’s very expensive and unless the FCO change their advice it’s a lot of money to piss up the wall.

a sense of perspective there have been 420 cases In Japan in a population of 127 million. .

I'm afraid that sadly the impetus to make the rest of the season be played behind closed doors will not come from anyone that cares about gate receipts, league 1 or 2, or a couple of teams going under

Very true look at how they want rid of the league cup, yes will free up some time for the top premier league sides. What about the lower league teams who use a cup run as a bonus for extra money to stay afloat?

It’s nit just about the premier league it’s all leagues, promotion relegation etc, if you cancel games and they say oh we will play them in summer, who knows how long will this go on for? Cancel the bloody season if you have to, can’t see the euros or Olympics happening either nit u less some miracle cure is made and that won’t happen for at least 6 months as they have to test it first once they have it.
First COVID-19, now a bloody nit pandemic!

I've struggled with the same puzzle, Trev. Surely Died divided by (Died plus Recovered) is the mortality rate?

There's three possible explanations I can think of as to why that is not what's being reported. The first is that maybe they assume there is a much larger number of infected people who are not in the system at all?

Another possibility is that if you are going to die, maybe you do so early? I.e it takes longer to recover than it does to die? So a higher proportion of the active cases recover, as time goes by.

The third is thst they are just lying so as to not cause complete panic.

But as I type, in Italy, 720 cases have outcomes and of those, 197 have died. That's 27%!!!
27% is scary,even half of that is scary,,is it anything to do with the virus spliting to type S & L,,did this actualy happen, i watched Dr Campbels video a few days ago but heard nothing of this since

I know loads who were incredibly rough over Xmas. I think I read on here about a bloke who got flu in Italy back in November and has only just felt better. They have only really started testing for it recently. Loads get flu and dont go to the doctors. I might be wrong but amazed if only 160 odd people have this.
There would be tens of thousands of cases now (in the UK) if that was the case. Look at China.

At what point do you call 111 ? Like most blokes I am guessing if have flu, ie high temperatures, sweating like a pig, dry cough, wheezing when I breath, can shit through an eye of a needle, no energy, plus I have given by Burnley ticket away already.

Flu or COVID-19 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.