United (a) post-match thread

Not forgetting Fernandes went over to Pep and put his finger to his lips to tell him to shut up , class. Hope Fernandes enjoys his europa game in the backwaters of Austria next week , and his fight for 4th place in the league , we will concentrate on Real Madrid and enjoy champs league qualification at Easter.
Would be nice if we drew the Rags in the FA Cup semi-final again , we know what happens in derby games when there is silverware at stake........we win.
What was that in aid of?

I didn't see it......

If you asked me to manage a side that played City, I'd say keep it tight and when you win the ball attack Otamendi/Zin side and hit balls over and around the pairing of Fernandinho and Otamendi. That's what happened. On the footballing front the press are lapping it up. The possession shite is thrown in our face when we lose, but they fail to point out injuries or that we're miles ahead in the league with nothing to play for.

United fans "we had more shots"

If you don't think possession is important, shots stats can be skewed too. Both keepers had 4 saves each. Ours had an error. The united defence had to make 33 clearances. Ours had to clear 8.
Bailly who came on very late as sub made 4 clearances. That's the same as our entire back 4 all game (they made 4 clearances of the 5).

But United had more determination, or was it luck. Or a bit of both. Don't take their win away from them but to suggest they are a better team than us is silly. Have their moment - hopefully we can get past Newcastle, and knock them out in the cup again.
33 piss easy clearances from aimless / misdirected crosses

That’s our main problem - the final ball is usually absolutely woeful

Fucking rags at work saying they outplayed us! Where they watching a different fucking game, I hate losing a derby when I have to put up with this shit.

Obviously the twats didn’t out play us but their tactics worked very well against us yet again. They limited us to one good chance all game and had the better chances despite their goals coming from our fuck ups. I’m just glad that James isn’t a top class player or the score could have been embarrassing. Imagine thinking to start Zinchenko against that kind of pace was a good idea!

I think the UEFA ban has had a much bigger impact on the players than we admitted.

We weren't good at West Ham, we weren't good vs. Leicester but got wins, we got run close by Villa in the cup final and in the cold light of day, away from the excitement of the comeback, Madrid gifted us 2 goals and it's one of the worst Madrid sides in 15 years. They let us back into that game.

I dont think we have played a 90 minutes up to our standard since the week of the Villa 6-1 and league cup first leg. Which was about 11 weeks ago.

You could be right.
Certainly our history suggests our loyal supporters are exactly that so will suffer any form of player or management non performance.

Please substitute some for my unfortunate choice of loyal.

Ok

City are brilliant at retaining possession under pressure. There's probably only Barcelona who can do it better. What we are not so good at doing is breaking down packed defence.

Aguero is slowing up. He'll always score goals but his lack of movement is becoming a problem whilst Sterling is lacking confidence at the moment. We were entirely ineffectual in the final third yesterday. Aguero was marked out of the game, Sterling did nothing, and Foden was stuck out on the right and out of the game. City picked up when Mahrez came on. We looked like we had a way into their penalty area from that point but it was too late to change the game.

We are better than that. Put sane on the left, Mahrez on the right, and Jesus in the middle and that will make a big difference

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.