The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

I've got my weekly on line delivery due from Asda tomorrow morning. Didnt order anything above what we normally do but it will be interesting to see what we dont get. That will dictate my next step. If we dont get a lot of the essential stuff then I'm afraid I'm joining in with what everyone else seems to be doing and buying as much of the important stuff as I can whenever I see it.

Just got back from Sainsbury's where I bumped into my neighbours.

Trolley full of dog food which is weird as they don't have a dog!

Probably getting one in case society collapses. Feed it up on cheap dog food now, and when end of days occurs, your average over-weight Labrador could provide sustainance for several weeks.

Local Lidl got some replenishment today - tinned tomato's - squirty soap and dry rice. Not a full restock but just some boxes and by 10am this morning I saw a woman in her 60's she had a full tray of tinned tom's, about 20 soaps and a box of rice. I just looked at her and said " really?" and she snapped back at me and snarled " I need these, I need these." Thankfully till staff limited her to just three of each. What the fuck is it with these people?

She probably keeps cats aswell....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.