COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole worlds facing an economy hit, there’s no getting around it. Everything will change in a few weeks when the deaths get out of hand and we’ve got the most deaths behind China.

If that happens, given we were behind Italy, France, Germany, Spain etc in terms of how quickly this has spread, and we had a golden opportunity to learn from the mistakes and learnings of others, then it will be not only a tragedy, but also a travesty. And genuinely, unless things change dramatically, I think that's where we are headed. Due to our own stupidity, I think we may very well be hit by this more than any other major nation (proportionally). And I am getting ahead of myself but if that does come to pass, some very senior people need to go jail.

Exactly people come first, any government that puts economy or reputation first is a disgrace.

Of course people come first but the economy is vital for people as well. Companies close, jobs are lost, people lose their houses, can't feed their families etc. That is why it is such a delicate balancing act - trying to minimise damage to the economy while keeping people safe.

If that happens, given we were behind Italy, France, Germany, Spain etc in terms of how quickly this has spread, and we had a golden opportunity to learn from the mistakes and learnings of others, then it will be not only a tragedy, but also a travesty. And genuinely, unless things change dramatically, I think that's where we are headed. Due to our own stupidity, I think we may very well be hit by this more than any other major nation (proportionally). And I am getting ahead of myself but if that does come to pass, some very senior people need to go jail.

The two experts for starters.

UK research labs are very well respected in pharma, but the funding comes from big pharma companies - they will be racing cooperatively at the moment, and I would expect them to be passing info to each other as they go.

It's definitely months. Trump was told this by the pharma execs on camera a couple of weeks back. They said about a year, as it will need testing first.

It will be being used in a highly unusual manner too - it normally takes about 13 years to get a normal drug from patent to market - an antibody to a known virus is probably a bit quicker than that, but normal FDA testing is measured in years not months. This won't be.

The Givernmdnt is rushing through legislation to support efforts to combat the virus.

I’ve read on here that Germany aren’t counting deaths where there were underlying medical issues.
Wont say any more than this, I know one uk death counted was very little to do with the virus and the deceased would have died within a very short period regardless. If the Germans are disregarding such deaths it would make sense of the different figures.

Of course people come first but the economy is vital for people as well. Companies close, jobs are lost, people lose their houses, can't feed their families etc. That is why it is such a delicate balancing act - trying to minimise damage to the economy while keeping people safe.

Agreed but as many other governments ar edoingwe can support those businesses.

After all this is a global crisis and everyone wil work together to make sure economicaly we all survive this.

Going lone wolf will noy be met favourable in the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.