COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get leaking stuff the robert peston.

As he is a terrible political journalist at best, love to sensationalize things, he would be the last one I would leak anything to

He has a massive platform on ITV so you leak to him because he can tell a lot of people what you want them to hear, much, much more than any newspaper journo.

Supermarkets are fucking coining it in, imagine selling out very day, no need for telly adverts, there are about 500
people at least waiting for them to open.

He has a massive platform on ITV so you leak to him because he can tell a lot of people what you want them to hear, much, much more than any newspaper journo.

Or you do what everyone else is doing, hold daily press confrences, update people with the facts, and what is happening.

Also he he loves hyperbole and isn't really that good for acurate info

The death rate seems pretty high. If the government want 60% of the population to get the virus, potentially a million people could die ...

Apparently Germany expects 70% of their population to contract the virus, and UK 80%. Once there are no more hospital beds or respirators the mortality rate could rocket to 5 to 10%. Doing the maths the figures are too shocking to be believed. The UK government and their so called "Herd Immunity" strategy could result in 2.5 to 5 million deaths. Let's hope the **** not!

I have seen a number of videos from the so called experts from the "London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine" who are 100% behind this strategy. They also give the great advice which is "don't bother wearing a mask". FFS we should ALL be wearing masks. It has been shown in Asian countries to reduce the speed of spread of this virus and what was a surprise to them - the common flu as well. It stops the wearer touching their own face, but also reduces the spread of droplets and aerosol from the wearer. Of course our Chief Medical Officer had no plan B or even plan A in place for this predictable situation so there are no masks to give everybody.

In an earlier post I mentioned a CNN article which suggested the spread was caused by people showing NO symptoms whatsoever. It makes complete sense. I think these people are known as "super spreaders". If correct it means we have to be super cautious around anyone else. What's more we need a cheap way to be able to often test ourselves as you never know if you have caught it or not. I hope the so called experts, the PM advisers get wind of this and put processes in place to determine if this is true and figure out a solution.

I live in a small village. I went to the small local newsagents. Whilst in the shop I overhead a woman say that her mother was in isolation. OMG it's closer than I realised. Of course her mother might be OK, but OTOH the mother could have passed it to the daughter who would now be spreading it locally.

Of the 35 dead in the UK 4 are in greater mnchester

I wonder if regional leaders will eventually defy the government and start imposing their own lockdowns or gatherings and schools.

Burnham has already said the government need to be giving more info to the public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.