COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am assuming i am not contageous but that is not clear or if i have immunity temporary or lasting so i am staying in

Aside from a lasting cough i just feel wiped out,i have ME and FIbro both of which is a lot about fatigue and exhaustion,neither likes serious illness or injuries,i am in relapse already with breaking bones so this is just just extra,from experience ir will take many months to get control of both of them

i don't care though,i feel blessed and lucky to have got through this illness at all

Evidence is currently pointing at immunity for 1 year - life time. the cases of reinfection reported a few weeks back seem to be more that the virus can linger in some people so they had false negatives and were given the all clear when they were not.

So just over 6000 test results have come back today and just over 400 of them were positive, I would say we're moving up that curve fairly sharp-ish.

Blood pressure is not ok,and if you are on medication for BP you must keep taking it.That was my advice from the Doctor's today.
Had my annual check up only two weeks ago and had BP for years and still taking medication.Delighted that mine was spot on,but thats not to say I`m not taking precautions.Seriously I expect to lose about 2-3 stone,as I`ve started my yearly diet,but with the pubs "out of bounds" (my decision before yesterday announcement) then should make my target with no problem.
The old adage "every cloud ..." springs to mind.

My son is due to get married next week, the venue refused any refund (several thousand pounds) for a cancellation or even a postponement.
Of the guests, several over 70's with diabetes, heart issues, crohn's etc., all advised to stay away. Several overseas guest who can't travel. Half a dozen kids with snotty noses and god knows what else. Even brides father (his only child) and me (my only son) are on the recommended no-go list. Some are saying just sod it, we all go and take our chances.

Just returned from local Tesco. Staff removing excessive items from some shopper's trollies. Big sign by the milk cabinet "2 Bottles Only", then some woman grabbing 8 and arguing with staff.
Some people's greed and selfishness!

Fucking horrible atmosphere everywhere. The Daily Mail should be utterly ashamed if its reporting and scaremongering. This will be a tough enough period without making things far worse.
Most papers are still using this awful situation as a tool for political purposes.We should all be working as a unit and as you say "scaremongering" is NOT the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.