Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If it's suspended again till the end of May they have to void the season.

If football can restart in August and other European leagues have voided the 19/20 season and begin the 20/21 season how can the English leagues warrant continuing the 19/20 season?

If the try to finish the leagues what happens with players who are out of contract? They can't force players to resign temp contracts with their clubs, same for if clubs wanted rid of players whose contracts have finished how would they force clubs to extend them?

Chelsea have Willian, Pedro and Giroud all with contracts expiring in June. If they restart the 19/20 season with Chelsea missing 3 of their main players then they miss out on 4th and no CL they'd be a lawsuit coming. The integrity of the season is gone.

English football's total commitment to finishing off this season could lead to one or both of the domestic cups being scrapped for the 2020/21 campaign

@MirrorFootball

Surely City as a club with all their personnel from the tea lady right up to Khaldoon, we have the rights too refuse to play on the grounds of health and safety considering covid-19 outbreak.
I can't see how the FA can go against request

Last edited:
They’re determined to get the dippers across the line by whatever means. Absolutely EVERYONE can see this except the dipper loving media.
It’s embarrasing! The health of all the players and staff MUST come before ANY ‘fiddling’ to get the games played to ensure they ‘win’ the title. Just give it to them, and put a double asterisk **
The football leagues need to be cancelled and start afresh next season if there’s anything left.

They will given the title by the end of May, guarantee it.

The Premier League and the FA will do whatever is best for themselves, not LiVARpool.
The only thing they might do is try to influence clubs to allow them to have it even if the remaining games cannot be played.
Changing the language from "Null and Void" to "Curtailing" the league season suggest this is they way they want to go.
I'm not bothered if they manage to play the remaining games. The dippers will then win in properly. No argument from me.
Anything else is corruption. I hope City start legal action if they decide to "Award" it to them without them actually winning it.
All this asterisk stuff is bollocks.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.