COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No threat of sack, waiting on a call back after they’ve spoke to occupational health. Also had a sore throat and cough start of the week which she mentioned, the response was if it’s no worse just come in you’ll be fine. Now I know they will be stretched but they’re taking stupid risks to their staff and also themselves if they are happy for someone who’s got symptoms to resume to work.

I'm looking at this simply (To be fair it's all that I am capable of). Let's say that before long this virus gets a foothold and a big one and that every hospital is infested from top to bottom with it, the health workers will still have to turn in or the system will just collapse, it's a bit shit but that's it in a nutshell isn't it? Stands to reason more NHS staff will get this than other workers?

In a similar way if you are in the military and a war breaks out and people in the military die it's an occupational hazard. I understand that you are torn and what a rubbish position you're in but imagine what would happen if we lost a lot of staff because of infection and not because they are really ill with it?

if you are not symptomatic going out to parks or the countryside away from others for exercise is still recommended.
Symptomatic people are being told they can go in their gardens if they have them.
If you are in self-isolation, either yourself or someone you live with has symptoms. You should not be out frolicking in the spring. You are in isolation for 14 days. By all means get fresh air in your garden, but self-isolation is not a trivial thing yet it’s being portrayed that way on TV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.