The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

It is quite incredible that people are buying so much meat. Our daughter works part time in our 'local' butcher and he is laughing all the way to the bank. Just charging normal prices. They just don't understand that we are not short of animals to eat. Absolute pillocks.

Fuck all in Sainsbury's Denton. Went to Lidl Crown Point and loads of loo roll in there, I didn't buy much but seemed to be well stocked with other stuff.

It is quite incredible that people are buying so much meat. Our daughter works part time in our 'local' butcher and he is laughing all the way to the bank. Just charging normal prices. They just don't understand that we are not short of animals to eat. Absolute pillocks.
You've probably just given some idiot an idea. Just wait for the first news item regarding a farmer reporting multiple stolen cows and sheep.

Honest question to those wanting to shoot panic buyers.

Knowing what you know now, would you still not stock up at the beginning if this was to happen again in a few years.
Or would you still just buy enough for a few days?

Anyone thinking that in future (when this is done and dusted), i'm going to make sure we have good stock of essentials just in case.

If people are using cards to pay for all this stuff surely they can be named and shamed. Could turn it into a noels house part type of thing where they turn up at your home with a film crew. Id pay my tv licence for that.

Today I cycled into didsbury village parked the bike at Aldi, The place was rammed. Yet I managed to get everything I needed from the butchers and the green grocers which were empty. I even walked past an Italian cafe that have bags of pasta in the window for sale. Even when I went to pick up my lads prescription the chemist had tins of baby milk.

I do sometimes think Douglas Adams was right and we are in fact a bunch of useless idiots.

And no i didn't panic buy. (we have actually bought much less)
Since the fuel shortages years ago. I saw how quickly infrastructure collapses.
People fighting over bread and milk. Fighting for fuel.

So we had a family policy of always having a freezer fully stocked with food.
Long life milk, and plenty of tinned items never allowed to run down.
The only thing that has thrown me was the thing about toilet rolls. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Honest question to those wanting to shoot panic buyers.

Knowing what you know now, would you still not stock up at the beginning if this was to happen again in a few years.
Or would you still just buy enough for a few days?

Anyone thinking that in future (when this is done and dusted), i'm going to make sure we have good stock of essentials just in case.

Honest answer, there is no excuse for what has been going on and there wont be one in the future. Shameful disgusting people every one of them.

Having some basic supplies in stock bought in normal times is of course perfectly acceptable.

And no i didn't panic buy.
Since the fuel shortages years ago. I saw how quickly infrastructure collapses.
People fighting over bread and milk. Fighting for fuel.

So we had a family policy of always have a freezer fully stocked with food. Long life milk, and plenty of tinned items never allowed to run down.
The only thing that has thrown me was the thing about toilet rolls. I just don't get it.
Without being gross,the virus gave me the shits for the first couple of days,i was shitting blood,must have got through loads of toilet roll and that is just me on my own

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.