COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter at this point, this is war time shit - we need to get people through the next 6-12 months. The knock on problems can be worried about once we are over the hump.

I agree this is like a war. I hope the Govt have given some thought as to how they will handle things going forward but clearly time to ponder that is limited.

So basically, it took Tim Idiot Wetherspoon to say "it's alright folks" before the government realised that compulsion was needed...

Not for this thread Bob, but none of this changes the fact that things like this are not affordable on any sustainable basis. Exceptional circumstances call for exceptional measures. That's what we are seeing.

Agreed but just as the wartime emergency shifted the debate it will be interesting to see how this emergency shifts the debate. Emergencies make you adopt measures you would never ordinarily dream of doing and if you do them once they are easier to do again albeit on a lesser scale once the emergency has abated.

Anyway a debate for a different time.

It’s 12 months of social distancing: 2metres away from each other, no touching, washing hands regularly, isolating if you show symptoms... not 12 months of lockdown!

Actually the thing i quote included that the vulnerable groups would probably need to stay in isolation. Obviously not anyone in your family so hey it's ok. Thanks for the exclamation mark.

In reality cases and deaths outside London have fallen. London has gone up though and is still on track for Lombary levels.
As a result though overall, statistically, new cases and deaths have platoed.
20/03 714 new cases and 33 more deaths
19/03 643 new cases and 40 more deaths
18/03 676 new cases and 33 more deaths
17/03 407 new cases and 16 more deaths

We certainly dont need a curfew outside London, but in London, that's probably a different story.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ths-map-where-wales-scotland-england-ireland/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.