COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have about 5 times the number of ventilator beds than we do, if I remember correctly, that's the highest in europe so perhaps those beds are just keeping them alive longer ?

That will only become a factor if/when we run out of ventilators. At the moment everyone who needs one has one.

That's very interesting. I've been waiting for an explanation of Germany's lower death count because it just doesn't make sense unless old Adolf and Nietzsche were right about the Ubermensch.

It will come out soon if it's connected to something like Ozone. Just have to stay safe for a few weeks and so many new things will come out about this disease and it's treatment.
There are other reasons.
- Initially most infected were young (skiers).
- they've done more testing than anyone else.
- They have more ventilators per head of population than anyone else.
- Patients are tested for Potassium on admission and given Potassium injections if it's low
- The Germans have a stockpile of Remdesivir antivirals.

That will only become a factor if/when we run out of ventilators. At the moment everyone who needs one has one.
Perhaps, but do you know that "everyone who needs one has one", I've never seen it stated, but in any case we're not testing enough people, so we have no idea where we're at, the "best" test seems to be a lung scan, can we do enough of those ?

In any case German'y numbers are getting less impressive in recent days (death rate climbing).

That is not true,another dr has been talking to sky,he says that patients with other illnesses will not be able to be saved that would have been before because of equipement and staff shortages,the rest of the patients haven't gone away because of the corona ones and something has to give

Thanks. Unfortunately we are not in an ideal world at the moment. So I have to go to work, as most do. Not for financial gain in my case, I could walk away tomorrow.
But that's not the point, I want to go to work, and I rely on hotels to enable me to do so. Why would you advocate the shutting of hotels? Trust me it's a pretty bleak existence at the best of times.
I’m in the same boat. Working all over the country in a hotel it’s a lonely existence at the best of times. Even more so now. I’ve just moved hotels from Colchester to Aylesbury and both are empty. With the new rules enforced we can only have room service and can’t use gym. Stuck looking at 4 walls all day but at least I’m getting paid.

That is not true,another dr has been talking to sky,he says that patients with other illnesses will not be able to be saved that would have been before because of equipement and staff shortages,the rest of the patients haven't gone away because of the corona ones and something has to give
I doubt they'd prioritise patients with the virus over those without, it'll be about if there are enough beds solely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.