COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does follow with what i posted last night about the lung scans and damage,i am huffing and puffing and passed out in the garden earlier when i took a few deep breaths,i feel 10yrs older lungs wise

2 ENT consultants in intensive care from getting it from patients

Blimey, passed out! I assume you have family and friends nearby to help you? I missed that post last night, will try and find it. Let’s try and stay positive on this as everyone’s stress levels are through the roof already and I have not seen or heard too much on this topic which may mean that there is just a lag in getting fully recovered in a few cases. Keep posting so we know all is good with you and wishing you all the best.

People still don't get it, called into Asda for a bottle of sherry for mother in law this afternoon and gang's of teenagers coming and going like any other day, groups of boys all piled into a car.
I get they feel invincible but what will it take for them understand this is serious.

Never let all the scum that treated last night like new years eve forgot the part they will have played in causing people to die.
The entire situation is a bit of a laugh to people. Being an idiot must be great for your state of mind though, for everyone else it’s getting more terrifying by the day. How long do we have to wait for Italy to improve?? Complete lockdown for what... 12 or 13 days? And still reporting the figures they are. We have fewer measures in play than them, and a nation that doesn’t realise the disaster coming our way. What has to happen for people to change? How many deaths?

It does follow with what i posted last night about the lung scans and damage,i am huffing and puffing and passed out in the garden earlier when i took a few deep breaths,i feel 10yrs older lungs wise

2 ENT consultants in intensive care from getting it from patients
Omg kaz hope you are ok,I have learnt hope to cope with passing out when coughing it's the thought that you're choking you jump up and it causes a blood rush I just sit and grab hold of summat take care.

If R is the number of people which infected person goes on to infect, the only way we can turn the infection around is by reducing R to below 1.

Its not enough just to reduce it. If R remains above 1 you'll end up with the same number of infections. The original British plan was to do just this. The plan was not to kill the virus but to keep R as close to 1 as possible so that the hospital system could cope and they could treat the very sick. We know all this. It's an old discussion.

The media keep talking about us being 3 weeks behind Italy or one country being some time behind another but this isn't really correct. That only stands if R is the same. We know R is approx 2.2 for the virus but every country is now acting on it and so the transmission rate is affected and each country's epidemic trajectory will be slightly different. I think that there are actually geographic differences within countries which explain how clusters like London grow at different rates to regional clusters. London starts with more infections because of travel which means the number of infections grow faster and this is proportional to the number of infections, but the number of new infections are also proportional to the the transmission rate which is influenced by population density and environmental conditions like close contact from tubes, packed trains, pubs, bars etc.

if you are interested in this see this excellent video which explain it much better than I have done in relation to real data from Wuhan.

It concludes with a really pertinent point. Fear is a key part of strategy. A way of forcing people to change their habits to reduce transmission.

Last edited:
Cheers Tolm. I know it’s only words on a screen but they really do mean a great deal. It’s suddenly gone very dusty in here.

Much appreciated. Hell of a start to a decade this.

I know mate, when this is all done, the only thing that needs to come from it is that complete strangers were there for one another.

This board is and can be an immense support.

We've got each others' backs. It's the only way we all win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.