COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those conversations were only a few weeks back but that has to be one of the most surreal experiences I have ever had on BM, I’ve never blocked people before but I had to walk away from this thread for a bit in sheer disbelief at the utter stupidity that was being written with the consequences it could have on people’s approach to this.

I can’t even remember who they were, but I must have missed the updates from them on their ’just a flu’ theory. Bloody shame they weren’t right though!
“It’ll all he forgotten come May”. Smh.

in a bbc programme from over a year ago they did research which said that 44 million people could be infected with over 886,877 deaths over a four month period.this was in the uk alone. they even predicted it being from south east asia. this was the worst scenario but scary stuff. by washing hands more often they reduced transmission by about 75%

Last edited:
in a bbc programme from over a year ago they did research which said that 44 million people could be infected with over 886,877 deaths over a four month period.this was in the uk alone. they even predicted it being from south east asia. this was the worst scenario but scary stuff. by washing hands more often they reduced transmission by about 75%
Watched it at the time and again last week... they’ve always known one pandemic would come but was a case of when, didn’t have long to wait.

Hope it’s not as bad as that predicted!!

It sure is. People posting pictures on social media of parks and seafronts packed with families, all queuing for fish and chips/ice cream. We have bred a generation of stupid selfish people.
I fear you will pay a heavy price. Things are going to get nasty.

Stick together. Look after yourselves.

Watched it at the time and again last week... they’ve always known one pandemic would come but was a case of when, didn’t have long to wait.

Hope it’s not as bad as that predicted!!
scary stuff indeed, you have to wonder if boris watched it a week ago and panicked

Also what the consultant on the last page or 2 saying about long term damage to the lungs being another healthcare problem,i know it has only been 3 weeks for me but i am still on inhalers every day and i feel like my before perfect lungs are still struggling,if we were to kill the virus dead tomorrow then this wouldn't be the end

I had seen an interview with a Chinese academic on BBC about a month ago as she had recovered from the virus and tested negative and a week after testing negative at the time of the interview, she said she still had problems with her breathing and felt very tired after small walks which she had never had before.

I did raise this at the time about possible residual lung tissue damage and to be honest after finding out you had contracted it and possibly some others on here, I didn’t follow up on this.

I am only writing this now as you have mentioned it yourself as the last thing I want to do is cause you or anyone else any additional stress but it’s an important question.

I think sterner action needs to be taken, today I’ve seen ( just on social media mind ) peope together in big groups working out, parks full of people and kids playing, reading on jere plenty of old people out, and on Facebook so many pubs selling take out beer. I get it times are going to be hard, but if the locals are gonig down to by take out, is there the possibility a group of regulars buys their beer and hangs around the car park and garden drinking and talking?

While the Government are offering guidance about self isolation how long will it be until swathes of the population decide to take action without showing any symptoms?

I have members of the family who fall into the increased risk catagory and I am scared of what is to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.