COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a text from EON wanting me to arrange an appointment to fit a smart meter. Leaving aside the fact that I have no intention of getting one fitted unless it's made compulsory I'm not having some unknown wandering into the house when I'm in a vulnerable group and supposed to be distancing.
A polite "fuck off" would suffice lb if he comes knocking.

Analysis of Italian epidemic growth factor.

No of New cases/No of previous days cases using worldometer as source data

It wobbles all over the place as real data does but encouragingly in the last few days it is heading towards 1. There is a danger in looking for positives in data. In truth I could see the growth in new cases dipping a little and sort to quantify it. I'll look again tomorrow

18th March 2020, 4207/3536 = 1.19
19th March 2020, 5322/4207 = 1.26
20th March 2020, 5986/5322 = 1.12
21st March 2020, 6557/5986 = 1.10

If some of the more wilder predictions are correct in terms of the numbers to be infected...

I would greatly fear one day a global decision to let a majority of the elderly and at risk people simply die.

Never would survival of the fittest be more worrying.

It sounds like something out of a horror film but it's not beyond the realms that those deemed mortally wounded on the battlefield will be left to die.

Focused on treating those they know are easily saved?

Natural selection.
Time to get yourself back to the Northern Lights eh Tolm? ;)

Analysis of Italian epidemic growth factor.

No of New cases/No of previous days cases using worldometer as source data

It wobbles all over the place as real data does but encouragingly in the last few days it is heading towards 1. There is a danger in looking for positives in data. In truth I could see the growth in new cases dipping a little and sort to quantify it. I'll look again tomorrow

18th March 2020, 4207/3536 = 1.19
19th March 2020, 5322/4207 = 1.26
20th March 2020, 5986/5322 = 1.12
21st March 2020, 6557/5986 = 1.10
It remains to be seen if the daily number of tested is consistent.

Still no delivery slots available on tesco, waitrose, booth's, asda, morrisons with the village shops all being sold out due to the high functioning wonderful people panic buying everything. Just walked to every shop in the village after some bread, not even crap bread available, literally nothing on the shelf.

I hope the panic buying types are content with their 200 bog rolls, 50 litres of milk and metric ton of bread. They should all be tagged Inglourious Basterds style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.