COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
if this is a short hold assured tenancy I’m calling it a hoax.
He can just tell her to fuck off for at least three months.

don’t think it is, it’s now reporting in the Sun but your point seems to have been raised in the article to him on the legality of this. Let’s hope the landlady doesn’t now come into any bother as you know how these things can go if her address is released- unforeseen consequences

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11228454/nhs-medic-evicted-landlady-fears-coronavirus/

Ive posted this questions quite a few times but not had a response and I’m genuinely interested in the science behind this strategy irrespective of the fact that my instincts tell me it will result in significantly more deaths than a solid lock down. Key word in Herd immunity is immunity.

1. how do you implement this without knowing if the infected have immunity to the virus? Every scientific paper I have read still confirms this is currently an unknown factor at this stage on immunity capacity with those infected.

2. the other 4 seasonal harmless Coronavirus are known to reinfect - Sars however has shown that antibodies for that strain are long lasting, but no evidence that it protects you. having antibodies to a virus does not uniformly give you future protection - HIV is just one example, the antibodies produced can’t see the virus. this covid19 has some hiv traits in its molecular structure.

3. If yes, how do you know how long the immunity lasts? Immunity duration periods can depend on the viral load you absorbed. This makes future trigger points (assuming we have immunity) really difficult to calculate and manage in terms of trying to flatten future reinfection episodes.

look lock down is not a silver bullet as phase 2 isn’t being discussed ( we have a propensity to only discuss what is in front of our face unfortunately ) but in my opinion based on nobody so far being able to answer any of the above questions has to be the only option we have and that we have data to draw upon - I accept it’s only really Chinese data at this time.

genuinely interested if you or anyone has theories or data that assists in answering the above.
I think that, if this virus can reinfect people within 18 months, then the game is up really and you’ll never stop it. If you do gain some level of immunity, and the fact that everyone is now talking about an antibody test to see if people (esp healthcare workers) have had it so they can keep working suggests that you can, then the science is irrefutable really. The reason for the lockdown isn’t really about saving lives from the virus as such, it’s so the health service(s) can cope with the demand.
The overwhelming majority who die with this virus, in 2020, would have sadly died in 2020 anyway. Over 600,000 people die every year in this country and, I’d imagine, about the same number will die over the next 12 months. In January there were 56,706 which was almost 2800 more than January 2019 but there was no big rush to make a fuss about it. 100000 deaths, in England, over the last five years due to influenza, for which there’s usually a vaccine.

I understand it and I'm 22 lol
Death rates higher than italy and spain at the same stage
No, our death toll was 366, yours is 281. Hopefully this means you won't follow our same exact course.
that’s a really positive sign if accurate
The testing might not be exactly consistent from day to day but it's still a 1000-positive cases difference from yesterday which I wouldn't attribute to testing differences alone. And I'd say the death toll is accurate as it's pretty hard to mess that number up.

Why is that the case? They’re saying total new cases.
The new cases total in the UK is only serious cases that require medical intervention and as such is only around 8% of the total cases.
In the US if you report symptoms you're counted.

Big news in Germany:

Merkel quarantined after being vaccinated by a doctor who has tested positive.

Last edited:
I understand it and I'm 22 lol

No, our death toll was 366, yours is 281. Hopefully this means you won't follow our same exact course.

The testing might not be exactly consistent from day to day but it's still a 1000-positive cases difference from yesterday which I wouldn't attribute to testing differences alone. And I'd say the death toll is accurate as it's pretty hard to mess that number up.
The bbc is going we are ahead at the same stage,it is confusing

Angel Merkel in isolation,treated by a positive dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.