COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend live in Dundonald and she says they’ve turned the local ice skating rink has been converted into a morgue and 800 body bags delivered to the local hospital. She says they are preparing for the worst
They were just talking in the house of commons about filming funerals for families as they can't attend,how has it come to this in about 4 weeks,so very sad,stay safe lovely,don't take any chances at all

I think your employers are trying it on. The gov.uk website says this

https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay

Changes to Statutory Sick Pay for coronavirus (COVID-19) self-isolation

Emergency legislation is being brought forward. You’ll be able to get SSP from the first day you’re self-isolating and cannot work. This will begin from 13 March.

The official info doesn't seem to distinguish between self-isolation for personal symptoms or self-isolation because a family member has to self-isolate. Thats how I read it anyway.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
You’re confusing statutory sick pay with company sick pay. The former will apply but the latter is a matter of employment contract. The company is not legally obliged to pay over and above SSP.

I dont have any stats to back this up but when you go on holiday, every single one of them smokes, bar none, it's really weird

Interestingly it's people with obesity issues that are being asked to self isolate though. Having been in Italy quite a lot in my life I suspect that the UK has a higher percentage of obese people from looking at people from both countries over the last 20 years, that's just from visual observations I don't know the definitive stat comparison, you would have to worry a lot for the Americans.

Severely obese workers have been asked to leave work and self isolate as coronavirus social distancing measures kick in. Anyone with a Body Mass Index (BMI) score of more than 40 falls into the vulnerable category of people who are more likely to develop severe illness after contracting the virus.

Interestingly it's people with obesity issues that are being asked to self isolate though. Having been in Italy quite a lot in my life I suspect that the UK has a higher percentage of obese people from looking at people from both countries over the last 20 years, that's just from visual observations I don't know the definitive stat comparison, you would have to worry a lot for the Americans.

Severely obese workers have been asked to leave work and self isolate as coronavirus social distancing measures kick in. Anyone with a Body Mass Index (BMI) score of more than 40 falls into the vulnerable category of people who are more likely to develop severe illness after contracting the virus.
A friend of mine has gone into hibernation due to his BMI of 40....never understand how a veggie can be so unfit. Whenever I eat too many pulses or Veg I end up shitting for England.

Yeah, only just read last few pages after replying and see what’s said, that’s fucking mental. No way can you expect old people to not even tend their garden, that’s all that some of them live for.
My next door neighbour is 80 if someone came round telling her she couldn’t do the garden the death rate would definitely go up ;-)

Christ, just seen it’s killed off someone who got to the ripe old age of 105. What a bummer to get finished off by this **** of a disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.