COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will find in Italy the family unit is a lot stronger than say in the UK and you will have three generations all living under the same roof. Grandparents catch the virus and unknowingly at the time transmit to the younger members who in turn are out and about at night etc. If we, as a country heed the warnings to self distance etc then fingers crossed we can see this virus off sooner rather than later.
I’m of the opinion that the lock down in Italy may have done more harm than good. The elderly if left alone will pretty quickly get depressed and stressed out leading to a drop in their immunity which the leads to the virus getting a real grip of them, ultimately leading to deaths.

The elderly crave routine and companionship which may have been lacking due to the lockdown.
Only an opinion but could be why so many have died since they went into it without little affect.

I suspect the number of cases of people that have caught this virus through touching door handles and inside trains/buses surfaces will be very high and higher than the flu which is less durable as a virus on surfaces. Delighted to hear that you are feeling a bit better. I assume they are still not offering services at this stage to see if you are definitively negative? Must be difficult to know whether to stick or twist in these situations in terms of venturing out without 100% knowing your status now.

I think the opposite tbh and think its more likely to be person to person contact. If there was a lot getting it through touching doors or surfaces as well as just from other people, then there'd be far higher numbers than there are so far, the infection rate would be absolutely huge.

I’m of the opinion that the lock down in Italy may have done more harm than good. The elderly if left alone will pretty quickly get depressed and stressed out leading to a drop in their immunity which the leads to the virus getting a real grip of them, ultimately leading to deaths.

The elderly crave routine and companionship which may have been lacking due to the lockdown.
Only an opinion but could be why so many have died since they went into it without little affect.

They've only been in lockdown 10-15 days. It seems to take around 15-22 days to die from it. So the numbers now are still very much pre-lockdown numbers and probably will be for another week.

I think the opposite tbh and think its more likely to be person to person contact. If there was a lot getting it through touching doors or surfaces as well as just from other people, then there'd be far higher numbers than there are so far, the infection rate would be absolutely huge.

It is huge and it's growing drastically by the day. Some countries are really only just getting started and I still think it will be millions worldwide by the time it's done.

What for? It’s just flu
Exactly. I'm fully expecting the PM to unveil plans to play Liverpools next two games with as much extra time as needed to get them 6 points. As it looks like we are mirroring Italy in terms of the escalating death rate it's vital we get Liverpool over the line this weekend before all the attention seekers start dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.