COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see how this is confusing people?

Well just as a point on the Sky news yellow banner it states the reasons for leaving the house and one of the reasons is " Travel to work" no mention of essential.

My take was you should work from home where possible, if not you should still go in as normal. Can be interpretted different ways.

To put this into context, these are the most authoritarian measures ever implemented by a UK government.

I know it will save lives and it’s needed but I feel very uneasy about it.

I agree. I get what needs to happen, but the amount of people calling for a legitimate police state is crazy.

I'm astounded as to what's going on in the US. They can't pass an emergency funding bill due to democrats/republicans failing to reach an agreement. It may not get through until the end of the week and businesses will just carry on operating as normal when they should be shut.

Sounds like something else,the virus really hits you hard especially the cough and breathing,if either of you have really difficulty breathing you need to go on 111 on line or phone or if really bad then 999,it is important to remember that it won't be really bad in MOST people and there are plenty of other cold like bugs out there

Thanks Karen, with two young kids in the house we are obviously planning for the worst, hoping for the best.

We don't want to get sick at the same time.

We haven't slept a day apart since we got married in 2003, tonight I have decided to sleep in my box room office, on the floor with a foam child's chair that folds out.

It's gonna be heartbreaking for 14 days but I just want to keep my family as safe as possible, believing sleeping side by side for eight hours ain't the best probably.

20 kids in the park sat in pairs in a circle each pair approx 2m apart. Copper tells them to fuck off home, exercising mr plod we are having a rest you got a tape measure. If you can exercise and walking is an exercise then you can go out for as long as you want.

only in groups of two from the same household.
He made it clear.

He's gone as far as he's willing to go. On the face of it the measures sound harsh and what many were calling for, but he still left enough ambiguity to allow people to still leave the house who shouldn't, and for businesses to remain open which should really be closed.

I would love to know what his acceptable number of deaths are. Based on how long he’s left it to announce these still too lax measures it seems he’s still prepared to sacrifice lives for the sake of keeping B&Q open.

I genuinely thought it would be much stricter.

20 kids in the park sat in pairs in a circle each pair approx 2m apart. Copper tells them to fuck off home, exercising mr plod we are having a rest you got a tape measure. If you can exercise and walking is an exercise then you can go out for as long as you want.

What are the chances of catching it without touching someone, something they’ve touched and staying 2 metres away, walking past them for a split second?

He's gone as far as he's willing to go. On the face of it the measures sound harsh and what many were calling for, but he still left enough ambiguity to allow people to still leave the house who shouldn't, and for businesses to remain open which should really be closed.

he’ll happily bring the army in if we don’t knuckle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.