COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Welsh minister has said only food shops, pharmacists, petrol stations and post offices will be allowed to stay open.
I doubt England will be any different.

Bottom line is you do not want this virus,please believe me and do as you have been asked,we have all the technology ,you can see and speak to people in nearly every corner of the world,think ourselves lucky this is happening now and not before when we only had a phone on a curley wire in the hall and a phone box

This will not kill people to stay in and be sensible outside,not doing what you have been asked can and probably will kill someone,maybe even yourself or your family

Human are essentially selfish people so i know this is an ask but do your bit,the nhs will collapse if this virus continues

Company text, i'm expected to be in work tomorrow.
We make machines that season and wrap crisps, not essential at all.

So is it the travel that has to be essential and not the work? So if u have a non essential job u dont go in?

I'm in telecommunications for a small private company which (I think) classes me as a key worker but that's quite vague too.
Telecommunications companies should be at the forefront of flexible working arrangements.
If you’re office then you should be able to work from home. If you’re network out in the field there are still ways to operate remotely or social distance yourself.
The likes Telecoms should be setting an example by letting their employees work from home.

I work for a telecom company in Ireland and although we thought the company was doing nothing they actually had a project going pushing software down onto all laptops weeks and week ago, to allow email security and limited network applications to operate remotely.

I think for this lockdown to work it will depend on how prepared companies are, there willingness to get on board and to put their employees and consequently the public first.
The public to a point will take on board the seriousness of the situation following the lead of the measures their employers are willing to take.

It should of course go without say that, the public take the directives coming from Johnson or the government but compliance has a lot to do with belief. If your employer doesn’t believe people are inclined to say, well fuck that. I’m not going to be out of pocket.

I’m really interested to see how compliant the UK is because it’s the next logical step for us here in Ireland.

We have now gone from being ahead of you in our actions to being slightly behind, if you comply.
On this island as I argued last week it is counterproductive to have the north and south going at two different paces. The pressure will now be on Varadkar to catch-up.

lockdown here we come.

We needed the sledgehammer. And got an elastic band. Trains transporting this thing between each and every city; planes still coming in and out of the UK I cycled past Tesco this evening and every till was open so people standing cms apart. Unfuckingbelievable that this government can't put out laws, not recommendations. I did several home visits today checking on some of our most vulnerable pupils. I knew what I'd see; but something nagged in my head that maybe, just this once, the idiot swathes would heed the advice. Not a chance. Mingling, drinking, smoking weed, all a big fucking laugh. And here comes our PM, "you must only shop if essential" but we'll not mandate stores to make sure you stay apart so making the whole thing utterly futile. This was such a great opportunity. And he blew it. Idiots need telling.

Nope, that's the list for essential workers - the people entitled to use schools. It doesn't include construction or manufacturing, and the Financial Times are reporting that people in those industries are still free to make journeys to work.

It's a FUDGE. Forgive me if I am suspicious that he is being deliberately, obtusely vague. I hope the papers and so forth get on them about this.

The same problem seems to plague eligibility for a raft of the financial / economic support measures. It all sounds great but there are many loopholes and people not seemingly protected. (BTW Has anyone seen a summary of the stuff that passed to protect people renting? Genuinely interested)

He could close most of them with much clearer public declarations, but I suspect he's finding it hard to come to terms with the actual idea of taking control of so much.

summary of renting policy during the crisis
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/complete-ban-on-evictions-and-additional-protection-for-renters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.