COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone as far as he's willing to go. On the face of it the measures sound harsh and what many were calling for, but he still left enough ambiguity to allow people to still leave the house who shouldn't, and for businesses to remain open which should really be closed.

Because the gov are treating us like grownups. the message is clear. the implementation, thats left up to the public. if people want to look for getouts in wording analysis, they will. But it is pretty clear. Put the imnediste health of the nation first. You cant force that, at some point the penny just has to drop.

Not if it saves thousands of lives. This is a temporary catastrophic crisis. House arrest makes it sound like a punishment, it’s not.

And there it is. The lightbulb moment. Some Brits think this is a punishment. The Spanish think it’s a necessity!

Ive never said it’s punishment, I do think it’s a necessity.

I’m just saying why a PM of the UK doesn’t want to do it.

Was it not long ago you were calling for a lockdown? I agree, it feels uneasy, i said it would at the time, we knew it was coming, yet we all still feel uneasy. It is natural. And yes, we accept it is needed. Whether we beleive it will make a difference or not is immaterial, just got to do it now. Getting through it, getting to a stage where it is better, then we can start thinking about a gradual return to some level of normality.

I still think we should have one.

I’m just not frothing at the mouth because we’re only 3/4 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.