COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the other day when our death toll was identical to Italy’s 14 days earlier (233 for each country) that I didn’t think the trend would continue and it was my thinking that we wouldn’t hit Italy’s current figures as quickly and it seems from the past couple of days that that will be the case. However, the images coming out of London from this morning are a grave cause for concern. While the likes of Manchester city centre are effectively deserted, in London - where they’re said to be 2/3 weeks further down the line in terms of the spread - people are still packing into crowded carriages on the tube. If that continues then London could be the new Lombardy.

True, what can they do though? If they enforced a complete lockdown of London you’d probably still have thousands trying to leave which would then spread it further elsewhere.

If it could be policed than a complete lockdown there would probably be the best option.

So today you can go to work if you cant work at home.

I'm sure that's not what was said yesterday.
I could be wrong

They’ll definitely be 2nd and 3rd waves until a vaccine is freely available worldwide. Looking at 12-18 months for that.
Mini waves maybe but 2nd time around countries will be waiting with testing strategies, and testing kits which produce results in minutes rather than days.

We knew in Jan and Feb that infected people were coming into the UK through the airports and we had no way of tracing them. We will have that capacity in weeks.

Does anyone know you will be paid the 80% if you are currently working and get laid off "on temp basis". Company I work for look like they will lay a load of us off on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.