COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's accurate though - whats your issue?
"If he hadn't walked down the rickety and rotten wooden stairs he wouldn't have fallen and broke his ankle.
We brought it upon ourselves by usually walking down stairs instead of taking the lift."

well were i live it was just a normal day,roofers across the the road,bin men,post man,what a load of bollox,,Borris still developing herd imuinity without question

So lets say boris did say, go about your day and life everyone, we'll give this herd immunity a shot, would you and many people that disagree with it then stay indoors?

It is looking for this hidden motive i struggle with. I can't get my head around that he is somehow tricking the public into following his plan by giving them unenforced instructions that we then don't follow. the measures, if followed do restrict movement and social interaction, this is undeniable. i've not come into contact with anyone than my household and a till man at a shop in well over a week now, many will be the same.

For some, it isnt enough of a limitation, for some, too much. But to think it is a plot to sneak herd immunity past the public is just bizarre.

If we ae honest though at least 167 species of bats are hunted around the world, for food and are eaten in australia, africa, many parts of south east asia and oceanic islands.
Which is one of the reasons that many new pathogens and viruses originate from those areas mate.

Because “our” experts are the best and we listened to them rather than Korea’s.

As did many other countries. Few countries have done as well as South Korea. Interestingly one of them is Germany where there seems to have been a similarish approach to the one we have used.

The death numbers are very inconsistent though across the world. Countries with large number of cases but relatively small number of deaths with other countries having lesser numbers of infected but many more deaths. Perhaps due to different policies on testing or classifying deaths and perhaps different strains of the virus.

Just watching the bbc news at 10. A boss from a salford building site telling the reporter that they are keeping the 2 meter gap. Yet in the back ground as he is talking not one of the workers is keeping the 2 meter gap. I dont think people realise how big 2 meter is.
I am a Director of a medium sized construction company and I want to get this out here right now before people get the wrong impression.
We as a company have been lead by the government guidelines on this and confusion reigns. We have some of our supply chain closing but we are being asked to carry
On - we work all around the UK including several sites in and around London- our labour force are being turfed out of their accommodation , they cannot share with their colleagues and their families at home are beyond concerned.

This is becoming a huge game of who blinks first between Contractors and Clients playing contractural poker.

It’s fast becoming a fucking right mess and we feel that the industry is being hung out to dry by politics here.

As did many other countries. Few countries have done as well as South Korea. Interestingly one of them is Germany where there seems to have been a similarish approach to the one we have used.

The death numbers are very inconsistent though across the world. Countries with large number of cases but relatively small number of deaths with other countries having lesser numbers of infected but many more deaths. Perhaps due to different policies on testing or classifying deaths and perhaps different strains of the virus.
I’m still very circumspect about the German figures and I’m unsure they’re classifying deaths from people with underlying health issues AND Covid-19 in the same way we are.

I agree that it's unlikely the current infection rate is anywhere near 50% of the population. But if the majority of those 90k tests have been done on hospitalized people, it gives us no indication at all on the rate of asymptomatic infections. If you've shown no symptoms at all (or even mild symptoms), you haven't been tested.

Yeah I get that.

But if 90k people have gone to hospital because they have a dry cough/fever/tightness in the chest etc but only 10% of them actually test positive it suggests that a lot of people at home who think they have it probably don’t.

Not that there won’t be tens of thousands more that do have it just not as many as some will think.

The crux is we need a lot more testing.

I’m still very circumspect about the German figures and I’m unsure they’re classifying deaths from people with underlying health issues AND Covid-19 in the same way we are.

They say they are. Does look a bit suspect though. Mind you, Central Europe does seem to be doing quite well. Austria and the Czech Republic also have much lower death tolls than you would expect given the number of cases. That's why I wondered about different strains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.