COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 person dies to acquire immunity for 100 people. It seems unnecessary to me when we have an advanced society which is generating solutions. If the USA was armed with the tests and vigilance that is now has, it's highly unlikely they'd get infected again. Likewise the UK now armed with test kits that can identify antigen and antibody in minutes.

We're dragging this out at what will be a harrowing cost for some families. It will be put down as an act of God but this is our government's choice to take this route. When they debate these tactics at Cobra they have all the options in front of them. They can take them all. They have chosen the half-way house.
Agree, what’s the right thing will be evident in time, the death rate although harrowing is somewhat steadier it appears. The worst decision I can’t understand was Cheltenham, amongst all the late decisions taken on lockdown etc, letting this go ahead was beyond belief, I also believe getting wages and payments for all workers has forced us to delay some of the more stringent locking down.

I might be wrong but as they aren't being laid off, I assume they are still getting full pay.

My understanding isn’t great to be fair. I thought the 80% was to prevent people being laid off. Obviously teachers won’t be laid off but thought they would have the reduction as they aren’t working. Not that I want them to by the way

Out of interest what’s happened with teachers wages. Are they on the 80%?

The rest of the public sector are still working and on 100%. Some people being redeployed to brand new jobs on a temporary basis in a response to the crisis. I thought most teachers were working with smaller classes to key workers could work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.