TV Series

Completely forgot there was a third series. How does this stack up against the other two (one especially). I didn't actually mind Season 2 but nowhere near the first...which is up their with the best TV made.
Yeh I agree, series 1 is one of the best things ever to be on TV.

I gave up on series 2 after a few episodes, it just felt baggy and I couldn't take Vince Vaughn seriously as a dramatic actor because I've seen Wedding Crashers too many times.

Series 3 is pretty good. Mahershala Ali puts in a remarkable performance, worth watching just for that.

It's nowhere near as engaging as series one, but it's a really original concept (which I won't spoil).

Yeh I agree, series 1 is one of the best things ever to be on TV.

I gave up on series 2 after a few episodes, it just felt baggy and I couldn't take Vince Vaughn seriously as a dramatic actor because I've seen Wedding Crashers too many times.

Series 3 is pretty good. Mahershala Ali puts in a remarkable performance, worth watching just for that.

It's nowhere near as engaging as series one, but it's a really original concept (which I won't spoil).

Know what you mean about Vince Vaughn and past performances...but I stuck with it and there's some great scenes. Mahershala Ali is very watchable (think I first saw him in House of Cards). Will dig it out but suffer finding HBO stuff as on Netflix/prime.

Season 1 was pretty sublime. I'll try and dig out Season 3 - where's it usually residing?
Just started Ozark and immediately hooked (sure it probably hasn't got the depth of True Detective) but it looks and sound polished.
really enjoyed Ozark,the violence was ridiculous lol...season 3 starts on Netflix on Friday....

really enjoyed Ozark,the violence was ridiculous lol...season 3 starts on Netflix on Friday....

Yep...will try and plough through the first two asap. Rare to find something that really takes your mind off both this madness and ones social media pinging device. Escapism.

BTW - has anybody watched Project Blue Book? Based on this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/arts/television/project-blue-book-history-true-story.html

Project-Blue-Book-ftr.jpg

Yep...will try and plough through the first two asap. Rare to find something that really takes your mind off both this madness and ones social media pinging device. Escapism.

BTW - has anybody watched Project Blue Book? Based on this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/arts/television/project-blue-book-history-true-story.html

Project-Blue-Book-ftr.jpg
It's okay. Bit predictable and I don't get why they keep asking someone who believes everything's a cover-up to help with the cover-up.

There was a lot to enjoy in that episode, but one of the highlights for me was the glimpse into Kim's backstory.

I couldn't help but notice the Nebraska number plate on her Mum's car. It's maybe a coincidence, but that is also the State where "Gene" is hiding out, maybe hinting that Kim is still somehow in Jimmy's life?

Can't wait for the next episode...
Something that I thought about today - obviously it’s supposed to be a flashback, but it did cross my mind that it could have been a flash forward. The girl is Kim and Jimmy’s kid (names Kim) and it may have been original Kim driving who is now a bit of a wreck. Unless there was something obvious in it of course I’ve missed where it must have been from longer ago. Thought I’d mention it in case that is the case!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.