UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
stumbled across Rabona TV youtube video on the situation. Whilst he seemed to know what he was talking about in some respect and apparently his girlfriend is an auditor and helped him withe video. It was also very slanderous and confused in other respects talking of illegal sponsorship and money laundering. Which of course is completely wrong

One thing that did stand out tho that did worry me was not the reference to HRH which people have explained on here nor the size of the Etihad deal which has been discussed on here but the allegation that we rewrote the contract with the other Abu Dhabi and did so because we had to pay off Mancini. Can anyone explain this allegation and how we will get over it ?
That was in the 2012/13 finncial year and we had to pay off Mancini and his coaching staff, who we sacked just before the year end but had a contractual obligation to pay 2 years wages to.

As far as I'm aware, we had the ability to call in cash under the contract whenever we wanted. Unless that cretin has seen the contract and knows what the terms were, he can't paossibly know whether we did anything wrong or not. But at the end of the day we failed FFP as a result of our losses in that and the previous year. So, as Confucius said, so fucking what.

If the conttract said £50m a year for 10 years, we could take that in one go if we wanted. United got a huge wedge upfront with their kit contract. Were they cheating?

stumbled across Rabona TV youtube video on the situation. Whilst he seemed to know what he was talking about in some respect and apparently his girlfriend is an auditor and helped him withe video. It was also very slanderous and confused in other respects talking of illegal sponsorship and money laundering. Which of course is completely wrong

One thing that did stand out tho that did worry me was not the reference to HRH which people have explained on here nor the size of the Etihad deal which has been discussed on here but the allegation that we rewrote the contract with the other Abu Dhabi and did so because we had to pay off Mancini. Can anyone explain this allegation and how we will get over it ?
It never eases to amaze me how many purportedly educated people completely fail to grasp what money laundering actually is.

That was in the 2012/13 finncial year and we had to pay off Mancini and his coaching staff, who we sacked just before the year end but had a contractual obligation to pay 2 years wages to.

As far as I'm aware, we had the ability to call in cash under the contract whenever we wanted. Unless that cretin has seen the contract and knows what the terms were, he can't paossibly know whether we did anything wrong or not. But at the end of the day we failed FFP as a result of our losses in that and the previous year. So, as Confucius said, so fucking what.

If the conttract said £50m a year for 10 years, we could take that in one go if we wanted. United got a huge wedge upfront with their kit contract. Were they cheating?
I love the bullishness and confidence you've shown throughout this entire sage, Colin.

However, given the clear & concentrated attack on the club from all the power bases of Europe and now seemingly in our league as well, to the detriment of some of the clubs involved may I add, do you not lose confidence in us getting out of this without a scratch?

UEFA have slapped us with what was probably the most severe punishment they could, I take on board what you said re Ceferin being at the Etihad to negotiate in deal in December, and the optimist in me wants to believe UEFA handed us this sentence knowing it would be overturned, so they can go to the clubs pushing it and say 'we tried' but I fear that's just to simple.

My belief is the clubs reputation has been tarnished for the medium term future (this can be fixed, see Juve after 2006) but I can't see how we come out of this without at least some sort of suspension given how hard UEFA went in on us, and the lobbying they are constantly under. PSG got out of this mess because their owner/chairman got a place on the council with the BeIN Sports deal, we are just not wanted under any circumstances.

I'd be amazed if UEFA after having chosen to go through with this only had the Der Speigal documents before CAS.

I love the bullishness and confidence you've shown throughout this entire sage, Colin.

However, given the clear & concentrated attack on the club from all the power bases of Europe and now seemingly in our league as well, to the detriment of some of the clubs involved may I add, do you not lose confidence in us getting out of this without a scratch?

UEFA have slapped us with what was probably the most severe punishment they could, I take on board what you said re Ceferin being at the Etihad to negotiate in deal in December, and the optimist in me wants to believe UEFA handed us this sentence knowing it would be overturned, so they can go to the clubs pushing it and say 'we tried' but I fear that's just to simple.

My belief is the clubs reputation has been tarnished for the medium term future (this can be fixed, see Juve after 2006) but I can't see how we come out of this without at least some sort of suspension given how hard UEFA went in on us, and the lobbying they are constantly under. PSG got out of this mess because their owner/chairman got a place on the council with the BeIN Sports deal, we are just not wanted under any circumstances.

I'd be amazed if UEFA after having chosen to go through with this only had the Der Speigal documents before CAS.
I know it seems amazing that UEFA would risk their financial security taking on City with essentially no evidence but never underestimate how stupid and arrogant some of these people are. Platini continues to claim his innocence after receiving a £1m payment from Blatter just a few months before Blatters's election for consultancy work Platini had apparently done nine years earlier (without any sort of formal contract). That's how stupid some of these people are. Power makes people blind to reality. Harvey Weinstein still thinks he's done nothing wrong.

The point I was getting at is that the court reminded UEFA very brutally that matters which came before the courts would be decided according to what the law requires and not what UEFA saw as the best interests of "football".

And the point I was getting at is that not all lawyers are not paragons of virtue.

He was saying that the Abu Dhabi companies bar Etihad basically changed the date of payment and increased the amount of the sponsorship they paid us after we sacked Mancini because the pay off to him would mean we failed FFP

Also how closely related is the sheik related to these companies the guy said something along the lines of he was chairmen of one and his brother was connected to another how important is this

It never eases to amaze me how many purportedly educated people completely fail to grasp what money laundering actually is.

You see this a lot these days when words have certain meanings in law and are then used in other fields because there is no other word does not help that people get law and regulations/ rules of different bodies confused and bring in there own outside bias.

Similar confusions happened around Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.