COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing that has been noticeable is a and e departments are fairly quiet and being used as they should be.also I do on call repairing stairlifts and get battered with stuff that isn't an emergency and could wait till the working day.but since all this started its gone very quiet and people are only ringing when they should,lets hope this resets the way people treat these services and they'll find they get a better service.

I don't agree. If you can quickly identify who is infected you can take them out of the transmission chain. That is the focus of every approach whether it's testing that takes 48 hours or a mass lockdown to break transmission.

The antibody test will be helpful but it wont be transformative in how we stop the infection. It will help those who have already have had illness to return to normality, and help understanding of the virus. However, it wont make much impact on the immediate problem of rapidly expanding clusters. Rapid testing of the virus could do that. If it's possible?

I’d welcome any tests at this point but agree that testing to quickly identify who is infected seems to be key. There is a correlation between the amount of testing and fatalities ie the more tests you do the fewer the number of deaths. Germany, Austria, S Korea, Norway are focusing on testing. Singapore has testing and systems that track infections per street.

This may just be an indicator rather than a direct cause in that availability of testing or number of masks are just indicators of how well prepared these countries systems are to deal with something like this and this overall level of preparedness is the real key to combating the problem.

I don't want to jump on this as it's been pointed out already and don't want it to feel like an ambush, your point would be correct IF China have told the truth, however everything is pointing in the direction that they haven't and still aren't, much like Iran and Russia I would imagine, both of which don't seem to mind getting rid of mass amounts of bodies when it suits them!

Spot on - I’m waiting for North Korean numbers to be quoted on here soon

An antibody test is 1000x more useful though and we’ve got 3.5m of them coming in the next few days.

I thought they still had major specifity problems due to the other Coronavirus being picked up and providing false positives - been resolved? Never known an antibody test to come out at these speeds for those very problems but fully understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.