COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chippy_boy what’s your take on Sweden’s approach at the moment ?

Sweden’s approach is very different, they are pretty relaxed about it all. Other than Stockholm they are pretty well spread out, got a lot smaller population, and also vast majority are healthy and keep very fit.

My brother is still working, hairdresser in centre of Stockholm, very busy.

I’m not convinced but he seems to think they are all pretty confident over there, interesting though that I can’t see that they released any figures for yesterday.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago. Decided in the end to get off social media, switch off sky news completely and stick Netflix/Amazon prime on. Gone through about 7 seasons of The Office (US) and now decided to switch to Ozark. Still managed to get work done in-between.

I'm at a stage where i'll stay informed but not overdo it an extent where i'm seeing COVID-19 news twenty-four hours a day.
I hardly go on social media other than a local interest FB page, which I produce.

To be fair, I get enough debate on coronavirus from Bluemoon. We have input from loads of posters, not just from the UK, many of whom are thoughtful and well informed. There’s plenty of peer scrutiny, so any bollox “facts” are quickly challenged. Most of the politically motivated and more argumentative stuff was floated off to a different thread. If you don’t agree with someone’s views, it’s easy enough to argue back or even ignore. Skirmishes are temporary and stay within reasonable bounds.

All in all, I’d say this is a pretty balanced and interesting thread.

Spain also reports nearly 2,000 fewer new cases than the day before. With presumably close to 5,000 critical cases, its death total will inevitably increase, but there should be hope amidst the despair. Let's not concentrate only on the negatives. :-)

Apart from the fact a journalist in Spain just said the frontline staff don't believe their government are testing anywhere near enough people.

Indian and Nepali people all rushing back to their villages!

b1e9b91338496964.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.