COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why I said even slightly true. The leak thinks up to 15 times. Even if it’s a third of that it’s total horror.

I don’t know, they put this off for as long as they could and enforced the lockdown when it became impossible to contain. I think tens of thousands will have had it at that point.

There’s also been images of each special Coronavirus mortuary having thousands of urns delivered, well over the number that is published.

Again, this is a flimsy inside source, from China but it’s still a claim.

One’s thing for sure, they sure as hell didn’t suddenly fix it and the riots in Hubei show this.

They enforced the lockdown before most of the European countries did. I take the point though.

They knew China would lie and were not prepared to take the chance. They were right!
After SARS they instituted a plan to fight the next Chinese virus. It has worked. It even also looks like they are beating the infections that have subsequently come from Europe and the US. Appropriate Articles:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/16/taiwan-china-fear-coronavirus-success/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...navirus-despite-diplomatic-isolation-by-china
https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/soc...aiwan-repeat-its-success-controlling-covid-19

NOTE THAT TAIWAN WAS MONITORING CHINESE FLIGHT PASSENGERS FROM THE 17TH DECEMBER AS SOON AS INFORMATION LEAKED OUT FROM CHINA.

Part of the problem we’ve had in the west is we haven’t had to deal with a pandemic for such a long time. Some of those countries, they’d be on high alert right from the beginning due to (recent) past experience. That’s why I’m even more frustrated by the reaction post lockdown (as in, in February). As soon as China went into total lockdown, that was the full alarm bell and yet we still all waited a month.

They enforced the lockdown before most of the European countries did. I take the point though.

They did from the date it was official it was H2H. If you take it from December, when they definitely knew, they have been one of the slowest.

What’s annoyed me the most is allowing the flights to come in unchecked.

Can’t argue with the fact that those types of comments are definitely racist in tone and also unhelpful.

A boycott isn’t going to help anyone but some pressure needs to be brought to bear on China following this, both in terms of carrot and stick, if we are to ensure this issue is tackled moving forward.
I stopped buying French wine in the mid 1980s in protest of the Moruroa Atoll Atomic bomb testing.
I had no idea I was racist.

Can’t argue with the fact that those types of comments are definitely racist in tone and also unhelpful.

A boycott isn’t going to help anyone but some pressure needs to be brought to bear on China following this, both in terms of carrot and stick, if we are to ensure this issue is tackled moving forward.
Hopefully appropriate pressure is being discussed at a government level.

But Steve from Baguely refusing to get a Chinese takeaway meal or buy any goods manufactured in China isn’t going to apply the slightest bit of pressure on the Chinese government imo. It’s just going to scapegoat and punish entirely innocent people.

It would be interesting, if we could, map every single jump from human to human and visualize it. That horse race meeting the other week seems more stupid by the day.
A villa fan took it to wembley,ended up in intensive care with a collapsed lung,i wonder how many others out of the 80 odd thousand had it as well,if only we could have seen a couple of weeks ahead it would have been cancelled

Part of the problem we’ve had in the west is we haven’t had to deal with a pandemic for such a long time. Some of those countries, they’d be on high alert right from the beginning due to (recent) past experience. That’s why I’m even more frustrated by the reaction post lockdown (as in, in February). As soon as China went into total lockdown, that was the full alarm bell and yet we still all waited a month.

Despite what people think of his lack of principles, Johnson is a Libertarian and enforcing the strongest authoritarian measures in the history of our country, is something I’m glad took a bit of time.

I appreciate this may sound heartless to those that have died, it’s not believe me, my mates grandad has just died from Coronavirus and I’m gutted for him, it’s just there’s wider implications to enforcing this type of things and implications that could be worse in the long run.

I stopped buying French wine in the mid 1980s in protest of the Moruroa Atoll Atomic bomb testing.
I had no idea I was racist.
I’m sure your boycott didn’t disadvantage the entirely innocent wine producers who may well have shared you view, but instead cut right to the heart of government and influenced all future French atomic policy. Thank you for helping to make the world a safer place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.