Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I agree it is not feasible to restart after 18 months and I stress I am not opposed to a declaration that the season be deemed null and void. Yes the football authorities are giving off a strong stench of insensitivity but the fact remains that football is facing serious financial discomfort. City are probably best positioned to ride out the storm but others may not be so fortunate. Personally this virus has put me in a potentially disasterous financial position so I need to look for ways out.Maybe for football that way out will be a totally new structure or maybe it will be one of the ideas, some daft, floated in recent days.

Surely the players will have a say as to if they are happy to continue playing !!! what happens to the 2 meter distance advice, this means no tackling all a big joke just shut it all down now and lets work together to get out the other side healthy

Last night I posted how I was fed up with football, the greed of the owners, the disgraceful antics of the F.A./Prem and of course Uefa but, having thought about it. What I have realised is what brilliant owners we have.
Unlike Spurs and others we are paying our non playing staff rather than get the taxpayer to enable them to live. We have also given the NHS the use of our facilities to fight this awful virus so I have changed my mind. I am fed up with other greedy shits but proud of my/our club.

Surely the players will have a say as to if they are happy to continue playing !!! what happens to the 2 meter distance advice, this means no tackling all a big joke just shut it all down now and lets work together to get out the other side healthy
And no spitting/snotting.

Someone from the government needs to come out and simply say "there will be no sporting events in 2020"......job done.

Someone from the government needs to come out and simply say "there will be no sporting events in 2020"......job done.

I really hope it doesn't come to that. If you look at PL clubs then you would assume we would be OK if our owner chooses to support us (a given I'd say) and a few others would probably survive but many would go under. To have a league you need competitors.

As for the rest of football, it would be likely that every club below the PL would go under. If you then look at other professional sports again you would assume all rugby league & union clubs, county cricket clubs and so on would be out of business.

I really hope it doesn't come to that. If you look at PL clubs then you would assume we would be OK if our owner chooses to support us (a given I'd say) and a few others would probably survive but many would go under. To have a league you need competitors.

As for the rest of football, it would be likely that every club below the PL would go under. If you then look at other professional sports again you would assume all rugby league & union clubs, county cricket clubs and so on would be out of business.

I get what you mean,its shit,but that's the nature of the beast........this virus needs completely fucking off before any mass gatherings are allowed,imo.

I get what you mean,its shit,but that's the nature of the beast........this virus needs completely fucking off before any mass gatherings are allowed,imo.

I don't see things that way. The virus will need to be reduced to a level that can be managed as much more importantly than football there is the prospect of an almost complete economic collapse if people can't go back to work in a reasonable timeframe. This virus won't be eradicated until there is a vaccine and more or less everyone has had it.

I don't see things that way. The virus will need to be reduced to a level that can be managed as much more importantly than football there is the prospect of an almost complete economic collapse if people can't go back to work in a reasonable timeframe. This virus won't be eradicated until there is a vaccine and more or less everyone has had it.

It's just my opinion mate....
Sport will make a comeback....Dead people wont.

That's what them fuckers at UEFA and the premier league,need to understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.