COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I get you now. So the antibody test is used as the first level filter before PCR. That works.
How long after infection are antibodies detectable?

oh just another thought.
all the negatives need retesting three days later. how many times?

I'd guess you'd only re-test once - 9% twice in a row is just under 1% chance that they are both wrong (to my understanding).

In quarantine in China still. Day 8. Going slightly mad. Cannot leave this government hotel room. I'm safe but I am bored. Anyone who visits my post on my blog will receive satisfaction (in their minds) that a fellow Blue's words have been read (or at least clicked).

I even did a little sample, like a proper writer or paper would do. Call it half-efforted click bait.

Regarding the foods within quarantine, if the toilet pipes block here, that’s me tipping corn congee, on a daily basis; flicking corn from my lunch and generally burying the uneaten corn as far away from my single-use plastics as possible. Food has been a mixture of just good enough, and adequate. There isn’t anything to rave about, but I wouldn’t moan too much about it either. The hotel’s range in sustenance and fodder are more varied than some other people will be experiencing these days. I’m lucky. Three meals a day, plus the option to have food delivered where needed. I can’t complain.

Want to read more? Please visit my post on my blog. I'm so lonely...

Peston being wrong? My God, is that even possible? That **** is the Ibrahimovich of political commentary
Joe has got the cure for cancer but I'm not listening as he's a bit of a bore.

Don't shoot the messenger - especially if he's perhaps bringing good news!

The expert is wrong. In Thailand the antibody test for IGM and IGG that he is talking about they have tested was positive when people were still symptomatic.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-thailand-trials-15-minute-covid-19-test-11966591

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-minute-test-university-bangkok-a9439956.html

So Peston was right, other countries are using the antibody test to not just see if someone had it, but if they have it right now.
There were a few things deeply worrying about that interview.

1. The guy - our deputy chief medical officer - was a grade 1 pompous and patronising twat.
2. His comments saying we should only consider to what to do after the lock down has been successful at some time in the future, was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. What a total moron. We should be preparing NOW for what we do after the lockdown. What if in 3 months time we decide we need capacity to do 50,000 test per day? We could have lost 3 months or perparations to get to that level if we only start considering it in 3 months. Fucking bellend. It's wankers like him who lost us precious weeks with their "herd immunity" shite. Which, because numbers muliiply by 10 every 2 weeks, probably means 10x more people will have died as could have done, were it not for that fuck up.
3. Seems he's not even right about the basics, and got it wrong about the test.

Dear God, with people like that in charge no wonder we're in the shit.

There were a few things deeply worrying about that interview.

1. The guy - our deputy chief medical officer - was a grade 1 pompous and patronising twat.
2. His comments saying we should only consider to what to do after the lock down has been successful at some time in the future, was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. What a total moron. We should be preparing NOW for what we do after the lockdown. What if in 3 months time we decide we need capacity to do 50,000 test per day? We could have lost 3 months or perparations to get to that level if we only start considering it in 3 months. Fucking bellend. It's wankers like him who lost us precious weeks with their "herd immunity" shite, which based numbers muliiplying by 10 every 2 weeks, means probably 10x as many people will have died as could have done, were it not for that fuck up.
3. Seems he's not even right about the basics, and got it wrong about the test.

Dear God, with people like that in charge no wonder we're in the shit.
But George says all experts are correct and we should shut up and listen.

This could derail the thread. We're good company for each other. Sterling effort. Silva lining. Bravo to the NHS.
Sent her them. She’s filmed one bit for lunch. Taking a break then a longer segment for evening news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.