Holiday advice

Ric

Administrator
I booked our summer holiday to Cyprus with TUI in January, and paid an initial £200 deposit. A further £600 is due next week, with the remaining balance due in May.

Tried to cancel the holiday due to financial uncertainty, but they said we would have to pay £800 to do so (the initial £200 + the £600) which isn't an option.

Seems highly unlikely that travel will be back to normal by summer so I doubt the trip will go ahead, but don't want really want to have to shell out more money at the moment. Do I have a leg to stand on if I withheld the next payment?

I was due a middle payment with TUI on 28/03 for an Oct holiday, not made it & had no contact with them, I'm happy to lose my small deposit, I'm assuming they'll just cancel the whole thing when they get round to it.

I booked our summer holiday to Cyprus with TUI in January, and paid an initial £200 deposit. A further £600 is due next week, with the remaining balance due in May.

Tried to cancel the holiday due to financial uncertainty, but they said we would have to pay £800 to do so (the initial £200 + the £600) which isn't an option.

Seems highly unlikely that travel will be back to normal by summer so I doubt the trip will go ahead, but don't want really want to have to shell out more money at the moment. Do I have a leg to stand on if I withheld the next payment?
Pay the rest on a credit card , they must re pay you when they cancel the holiday, if they go bust your covered by the credit card company , i’m Supposed to be going in June as well , it’s not going to be happening but you’ll get it all back if you complete the payment .....when is a different matter

Tell them to fuck right off and you’ll see them in county court (which they won’t actually try for as they won’t be flying by then).

Pay the rest on a credit card , they must re pay you when they cancel the holiday, if they go bust your covered by the credit card company , i’m Supposed to be going in June as well , it’s not going to be happening but you’ll get it all back if you complete the payment .....when is a different matter

This is correct advice.
I did similar booked in Jan paid full lot in Feb they cancelled in march.
They will cancel and you will get a full refund . When is a different matter.

Me and Mrs in same situation,and with TUI,should be going on 7 July to Greece,holiday cost £1730,we have paid £400,not paid a bean since,was due by 14 April,and if things were normal we'd have paid the £1300 in one hit,but I'm reluctant to do this really now.

I went on the app last night,and it said if we cancel,we would get £4.48 back,yea oreet,I'll take my chances I think,if we lose the £400 then so be it,but the holiday won't happen imo,so I'll see how it pans out.

Then to confuse matters more,there has just been a woman on BBC news saying everyone should pay up,as we will get it back,bollocks to that,I've already paid one establishment close to my heart some money for something I might not get this week,not getting nabbed twice !!

Agree with advice so far but want to add if they don’t cancel and the govt are not advising against travel when the date for your holiday comes you either go or lose the lot.
You will have no right to anything back just because you don’t fancy going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.