Holiday advice

Yeah, Martin Lewis has always banged that drum mate, it’s true.
There will be credit card companies going bump over all this, I'll be claiming £1800 back in a couple of weeks if a. the travel agent won't refund, or b. the airline won't refund. I've got another in the summer paid for on credit card too, I assume this doesn't apply if you use debit cards though ?

There will be credit card companies going bump over all this, I'll be claiming £1800 back in a couple of weeks if a. the travel agent won't refund, or b. the airline won't refund. I've got another in the summer paid for on credit card too, I assume this doesn't apply if you use debit cards though ?
No, always use credit for such things

Agree with advice so far but want to add if they don’t cancel and the govt are not advising against travel when the date for your holiday comes you either go or lose the lot.
You will have no right to anything back just because you don’t fancy going.

It’s this reason that I wouldn’t be paying them anything else.

We paid for ours with TUI in Jan in full.
Due to leave 25/5 so just awaiting for them to confirm the inevitable.
With TUI being atol/abta we should have no problem in getting our dosh back.
Same situation as you mate, we go beginning of June, been offered to move it free of charge to next year, don't know whether to do that or wait for a refund once its officially cancelled. Will tui still be in business next year?

I think this may well be pertinent. It's fair to say that the risk of spreading COVID or the idea of going on holiday but staying 2m apart from everyone would ruin the holiday experience.
Package holidays
If you've booked a package holiday that might be affected by serious problems locally, but your tour operator refuses to refund you. you can argue that your enjoyment and relaxation will be ruined and that you’d be entitled to compensation under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements 2018.

It's from here: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...liday-due-to-civil-unrest-or-natural-disaster

and just to add TUI have let 11000 staff go in the UK as part of their German bail out conditions.

I think this may well be pertinent. It's fair to say that the risk of spreading COVID or the idea of going on holiday but staying 2m apart from everyone would ruin the holiday experience.

It's from here: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-ri...liday-due-to-civil-unrest-or-natural-disaster

and just to add TUI have let 11000 staff go in the UK as part of their German bail out conditions.
Do you reckon I would be able to get anything back from our holiday? We flew out to fuerteventura on the 13th march. That evening the Spanish government put the country on lockdown. Totally fucked our holiday, and almost our marriage! It was a package holiday from jet2. We did call them to try and get on an earlier flight home, but they just told us that our return flight would operate as scheduled. I am as laidback as anyone, but even I didn't sleep all week. The wife was a fucking wreck. On the plus side, I only managed to spend 30 euros the whole week on water, t bags, milk and snacks for the journey home.

I’m pissed off but can’t face reading up on it as yet - I was doing an Airbnb in Portugal in the summer, have paid 50%, and then paid fully for the flights separately.

I’ll be about £2k out of pocket if get fucked completely.

Won’t the property owners refund you? First time at the place you’re staying?

Do you reckon I would be able to get anything back from our holiday? We flew out to fuerteventura on the 13th march. That evening the Spanish government put the country on lockdown. Totally fucked our holiday, and almost our marriage! It was a package holiday from jet2. We did call them to try and get on an earlier flight home, but they just told us that our return flight would operate as scheduled. I am as laidback as anyone, but even I didn't sleep all week. The wife was a fucking wreck. On the plus side, I only managed to spend 30 euros the whole week on water, t bags, milk and snacks for the journey home.
Honestly, no idea mate but the link provides the info you need. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.