Holiday advice

The thing is, they will want as much income as possible right now to repay all the already cancelled holidays. They will happily take all the money they can until they can no longer meet all the refunds and then they will collapse and it will land on the Credit card companies and/or the ABTA cash reserves.

It might be worth an email asking them to guarantee the holiday before you are willing to make the next payment. I personally wouldn't give them any more and would send an email/letter explaining why.

I booked our summer holiday to Cyprus with TUI in January, and paid an initial £200 deposit. A further £600 is due next week, with the remaining balance due in May.

Tried to cancel the holiday due to financial uncertainty, but they said we would have to pay £800 to do so (the initial £200 + the £600) which isn't an option.

Seems highly unlikely that travel will be back to normal by summer so I doubt the trip will go ahead, but don't want really want to have to shell out more money at the moment. Do I have a leg to stand on if I withheld the next payment?
I booked with Tui to go to Tenerife in August. As yourself I paid a £200 deposit and £905 is supposed to be paid this coming Monday with the rest of the balance on the 5th June.
I will not be paying £905 on Monday.
I gamble and paying another £900 to increase my chances of getting my deposit back is a big no from me.

The thing is, they will want as much income as possible right now to repay all the already cancelled holidays. They will happily take all the money they can until they can no longer meet all the refunds and then they will collapse and it will land on the Credit card companies and/or the ABTA cash reserves.

It might be worth an email asking them to guarantee the holiday before you are willing to make the next payment. I personally wouldn't give them any more and would send an email/letter explaining why.
I emailed.
Got a reply saying they were shut ??

I’m pissed off but can’t face reading up on it as yet - I was doing an Airbnb in Portugal in the summer, have paid 50%, and then paid fully for the flights separately.

I’ll be about £2k out of pocket if get fucked completely.

I’m pissed off but can’t face reading up on it as yet - I was doing an Airbnb in Portugal in the summer, have paid 50%, and then paid fully for the flights separately.

I’ll be about £2k out of pocket if get fucked completely.
Join the club

There was a lady "expert" on BBC this afternoon, and she advised you pay or you breach your contract, but pay by credit card, and when they cancel you can get everything back, she said even if you paid £1 on your credit card, and £1999 by cash, they have to pay the whole £2000 back, I was a bit surprised by that, but she was giving general financial advice on a whole range of stuff.

There was a lady "expert" on BBC this afternoon, and she advised you pay or you breach your contract, but pay by credit card, and when they cancel you can get everything back, she said even if you paid £1 on your credit card, and £1999 by cash, they have to pay the whole £2000 back, I was a bit surprised by that, but she was giving general financial advice on a whole range of stuff.
Yeah, Martin Lewis has always banged that drum mate, it’s true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.