COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Containment, treatments that are being developed, more testing, more people will have had it and generally will have immunity and eventually a vaccine.

I expect a combination of the above but to prevent complete economic collapse then as last resort the government would have to allow more or less everyone to get it and then try to treat as many as possible with a chance of surviving. The death rate must be very low as there is no way only 130,000 people have had it. I'd say millions already probably.
They were using 1000 for each death as a rough guide, assuming that’s still the case we are at about 3.5 million.

The experts seem to give a lot of confusing advice

the flying one early doors and still happening

the crowds advice which was odd and even if it made any sense how do they think people got to these places

masks , if you have it shielding others from your coughs and sneezes must have some effect

I'm not sure about that. The figures in Le Monde today suggest a division of hospital deaths (588 Friday) and deaths in other environments. Perhaps they have split those earlier deaths over consecutive days.
https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/live...ites-a-se-couvrir-le-visage_6035367_3244.html

Indeed, 884 outside hospitals added yesterday,
a further 532 added today (1,416 total outside),
plus 588 from hospitals comes to 1,120 for today, sadly.

As if that's not sad enough, I dare not think of all the countries with far worse HC systems and dense populations. Hope WHO starts early training social distancing around the world before we have a vaccine being produced on an industrial scale.

I heard last night US are planning several vaccine production sites for different vaccine candidates and dosings to not lose time as soon as a vaccine in a certain dose is being approved and ready for production. Will still take 12+ months realistically.

I'm avoiding all news channels and tabloids until this is over. I pop on here for a quick update, it is too depressing for words,following it avidly just screws your mind up.

Feel it myself, I’m no where near the thin end of the wedge of what’s happening. Worrying about my parents and what’s going to happen to jobs and stuff is churning me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.