COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve got a friend who lives in the next road winging her to way back from Oz, probably sat it Doha airport as I type.

She has her own Apartment there which she`s been in for 3 months.

If I was in her position I would have stay there.

The big ones ?

Heathrow Airport to operate with only one runway

PA Media

Heathrow will close one of its runways next week as air traffic continues to fall globally amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The west London hub will operate its landings and takeoffs from one strip from Monday to "increase resilience and safety for staff, passengers and cargo" throughout the Covid-19 outbreak.

The airport has two runways and will alternate which one they keep open on a weekly basis, a spokesman said.

They added: "Although we are seeing significantly fewer flights at the moment, Heathrow will remain open so that we can continue to play a crucial role in helping to secure vital medical goods and food for the nation during this unprecedented epidemic."

Just watching Newsnight about the plight and the potential problems about labour shortages to tend animals, pick crops and help on farms and how these people are vital for our economy.

Has to be said with every passing day this crisis reveals who exactly are the real key workers in the economy and those who's contribution has been undervalued, underpaid and under recognised.

Cant believe there anoucing on the news its gonna be a hot on sunday so stay home are they really that thick because the exact opposite is gonna happen now.everyone will just hear its gonna be hot sunday!
I noticed in Lidl today that they've got disposable BBQs at the ready. The temptation will be too great for some but I'm quitely confident that the overwhelming majority will refrain.
We've too much invested in this now to take a backward step.

Indeed, 884 outside hospitals added yesterday,
a further 532 added today (1,416 total outside),
plus 588 from hospitals comes to 1,120 for today, sadly.

As if that's not sad enough, I dare not think of all the countries with far worse HC systems and dense populations. Hope WHO starts early training social distancing around the world before we have a vaccine being produced on an industrial scale.

I heard last night US are planning several vaccine production sites for different vaccine candidates and dosings to not lose time as soon as a vaccine in a certain dose is being approved and ready for production. Will still take 12+ months realistically.

The UK are testing drugs in 154 hospitals, the largest testing in the world.

If we crack it the whole world gets it immediately for free, our Health Secretary has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.