COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have a little wobble when these numbers come out? I've generally adapted to this life indoors thing and largely started to get used to this grim normality, but then 2pm comes and the numbers appear online and my head goes woozy for a good ten mins. It's fucking bleak isn't it?

Please don't reply saying 'stay offline', as we all know that's totally unreasonable and not even possible really at the moment.
I get a kick in the guts everyday,i can't see the curve and all of that till later,i see people first and i am feling every one,i feel guilty

The thing that confuses me about these sort of reports are if true and the virus has been in circulation longer than we think why do the serious and fatal cases seem to happen in such a clump and spike over a few weeks surely those vulnerable to serious cases of it would catch it from early on. Having said that my son seemed to have all the symptoms over new year, my wife then just had a cough my daughter and myself nothing. We’ve discounted it because the time and contaigence seem all wrong but it would be interesting to be able to get an antibody test for him at some point.
Maybe people were dying with it early but they weren't testing for covid so they just put it down to underlying problems

The rise isn't too bad but the number is still shocking,i am really depressed

The glascow care home,13 not included in covid as not being tested,going down as their underlying conditions

Over to you @domalino
That’s why for me I try to concentrate on the trend, and take comfort from the fall in new cases. Get that number down and the deaths will follow. Following the deaths will depress you, and help nobody especially your own well being.

Not true for the last bit. Anyone who is showing severe symptoms is tested.

That's not true either though is it? I know people who have recovered but went through an agonising, hellish couple of weeks in bed and were never tested. Just because they survived it doesn't mean their symptoms weren't severe. One of them even rang a hospital a couple of times fearing for their lives but were told the fact that they could get words out on the phone meant they were not critical. The fella said he was struggling to breath. But he was mid 30s, so they didn't see him as a priority, and of course he was never tested.

The rise isn't too bad but the number is still shocking,i am really depressed

The glascow care home,13 not included in covid as not being tested,going down as their underlying conditions

Over to you @domalino

I think its safe to say the true number is likely to be significantly higher if not ll deaths are being tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.