COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always said these companies should never be anywhere in hospitals.
Any when the contract up for renewal go back to the way it was
Southport and Ormskirk NHS

Trust has had to restrict visitors due to Covid-19

An NHS trust has been told it will have to pay almost £10,000 a month to provide families with free phone calls during the pandemic.

Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust has had to restrict visitors due to Covid-19.

It asked the company that provides bedside telephones about diverting the costs to the trust and was told it would be charged £9,984 a month.

Hospedia was contacted by the BBC but has not commented.

The trust said it was disappointed with the company's suggested charges and has raised the matter with NHS England, which awarded it the contract to provide phone and TV services across dozens of NHS trust
Irene Simpkin's 87-year-old mother Odile has been in Southport and Formby District General Hospital for almost a fortnight after suffering multiple pelvis and hip fractures in a fall.

She made a 16-minute call to her mum and said she was charged £11.33.

thought that it was flipping outrageous, just horrendous. I just think it's very, very greedy," she said.

"There are so many people making concessions, why do these companies continue to cash in?

"While all this is going on, can they not just make some sort of a deal where they cut those costs?"

Hospedia uses premium-rate 0872 phone lines, which is the prefix often used for tarot readings or adult entertainment calls.

The company's website says its operates in more than 130 NHS sites and offers TV units, which attract a daily fee, and premium rate telephones at a patient's bedside.

According to its latest accounts, profits increased nearly six-fold last year to more than £2.5m.

Rosie Cooper, MP for West Lancashire and a member of the health select committee, said she had written to Health Secretary
Matthew Hancock asking what can be done about the call costs.

"I am disgusted that this company is looking to profit off what is an incredibly difficult time for patients, family members and NHS staff," she said.

'

I think that some of them are just keyboard warriors hiding behind fake names mate.
I genuinely shudder to think that some people post and have these views towards the NHS workers.

I've seen it in other cases
Family tragedies pricks pop up

As tragic as that is it's "only" up by 24.

Hopefully the the experts are right and we have reached only plateau

I hope you are right. It doesn't seem that long ago 24 deaths in a day was horrifying.
Do they state "admissions" (to ICU etc ) anywhere?

Does anyone else have a little wobble when these numbers come out? I've generally adapted to this life indoors thing and largely started to get used to this grim normality, but then 2pm comes and the numbers appear online and my head goes woozy for a good ten mins. It's fucking bleak isn't it?

Please don't reply saying 'stay offline', as we all know that's totally unreasonable and not even possible really at the moment.

Honest question.

Does it not piss you off that our entire economy is fucked, our friends and family are being laid off and are sometimes dying, because they can’t eat fucking normal food?
There’s different tastes between European countries.
And not many enjoy our normal food.
Even the bread is repulsive to them.

the Chinese have a different palate too. But mostly from being poor and eating whatever was plentiful. That is now their normal.

You will eat grass When you’re hungry enough and drink you’re own piss when thirsty enough. So a few bats wouldn’t be a problem.

Germany are doing it currently. Random testing of 100,000 people with no symptoms.

It was announced last week but I think it will take them a while.

I still think it is absolutely insane that despite use hearing that basically only people needing ICU are getting tests with people everyone knows have the virus but not in life threatening condition being turned away, we're still only 22% positive from 180,000 tests.

I don't think the last bit is correct. Anyone who is showing severe symptoms is tested.
From what I read the other day only 40% of those go onto ICU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.