COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a real dislike for the blame culture that exists in the media, this morning i have seen interviews that have been little short of personal attacks against the person put in front of the camera.

We need to remember that this is a global pandemic, while nobody should be above critism the venom in some lines of questioning disgusts me.

The last thing that anyone could level at me is that of being a Tory but i put my hands up and say that i believe they have done an excellent job in my opinion, yes they have made mistakes and in hindsight may have done some things differently but that is understandable.

Just look at that baffoon over the pond, only weeks ago he was down playing the who crisis and today he is slagging off the WHO for being to slow to react. Even though they were warning him and he took little notice.

I have a real dislike for the blame culture that exists in the media, this morning i have seen interviews that have been little short of personal attacks against the person put in front of the camera.

We need to remember that this is a global pandemic, while nobody should be above critism the venom in some lines of questioning disgusts me.

The last thing that anyone could level at me is that of being a Tory but i put my hands up and say that i believe they have done an excellent job in my opinion, yes they have made mistakes and in hindsight may have done some things differently but that is understandable.

Just look at that baffoon over the pond, only weeks ago he was down playing the who crisis and today he is slagging off the WHO for being to slow to react. Even though they were warning him and he took little notice.

Not even 10am but a strong contender for hypocritical post of the day.

Interesting, isn't it?!

It does go to show that there's a well executed plan to keep hospitals on the brink of needing/ desperation for it to function.
By denying the service it needs and forcing more work on the few shoulders left to bear the brunt, the NHS has been forced on its knees.

I hope to goodness people see how important services to the people are. This includes teachers etc., as well.

I'm afraid it's inevitable to make this political, but this has been shouted about for years.

I, myself with others, have been saying what an important issue this is to fix and less important issues have taken its place.

That's not, and has never been, right.
The Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) had a network of 50 laboratories. They were largely closed down leaving is with a handful of major labs (one of which is in Manchester).

That's why the UK is struggling to get its testing regime up and running unlike Germany.

Government is simply reacting and watching. They need to get ahead of the curve and instigate a mass-testing plan. If it required overseas technology so be it.

Very informative piece. I know we're not allowed to discuss politicians' culpability in this but the SAGE panel will have a lot of explaining to do too in the upcoming inquiry given how we, to use a Boris expression, spaffed the two week headstart up the wall. This graphic is pretty damning.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fa66fd214-7763-11ea-af44-daa3def9ae03

The Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) had a network of 50 laboratories. They were largely closed down leaving is with a handful of major labs (one of which is in Manchester).

That's why the UK is struggling to get its testing regime up and running unlike Germany.

Government is simply reacting and watching. They need to get ahead of the curve and instigate a mass-testing plan. If it required overseas technology so be it.
Quite right. Mass testing and tracing has to be the way forward out of this. Once they ease the lockdown they need everyone to get an app on their phone which, in effect, says ‘hello’ to other phones it encounters. If someone tests positive and they’ve been in close proximity to your phone, you’ll get an alert saying you need a test, that day. I’m probably making it sound more complicated than it is, but it’s the way to open the economy up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.