#PlayersTogether - Premier League stars come together to make a contribution to the NHS

The money the players are donating is a drop in the ocean , barely 1% of their earnings which their clever accountants will offset against their tax bill , they are giving next to nothing in reality. The majority of the players could give a million to the cause and hardly flinch and i am sure plenty will have given a decent amount of money but do not want the publicity .Deferring wages is fine but the clubs will still have to find the money to pay them in the future ,its only a sticking plaster. Football in general has needed a shake up , fees and wages have gone out of control and its shame it has taken such tragic events to give football a wake up call. Sanchez being paid for sitting on his backside whilst his achievement of scoring a dozen goals in three years at a cost of £500k a week , is a prime example

The money the players are donating is a drop in the ocean , barely 1% of their earnings which their clever accountants will offset against their tax bill , they are giving next to nothing in reality. The majority of the players could give a million to the cause and hardly flinch and i am sure plenty will have given a decent amount of money but do not want the publicity .Deferring wages is fine but the clubs will still have to find the money to pay them in the future ,its only a sticking plaster. Football in general has needed a shake up , fees and wages have gone out of control and its shame it has taken such tragic events to give football a wake up call. Sanchez being paid for sitting on his backside whilst his achievement of scoring a dozen goals in three years at a cost of £500k a week , is a prime example
at the end of the day, football clubs in the main are run by stupid people. Blame those, they are the ones giving the deals.

20 clubs. At least 20 big earners at each club.

An average of £10,000 each needed to get £4 million.

I hardly think that a group of millionaires giving approximately a fifth of one week's wages is worthwhile of massive praise , when you consider their wealth means that that fraction of wage is much less noticeable than it is to the average earner.

I'm not knocking them (well, i am a bit) but if those earning the most in society (including many more than footballers) can't give up at least this to help those in need in these extraordinary circumstances, then when can they.

Given that there are numerous sycophants always willing to line up to proclaim how footballers do "so much for charity", it's surprising that these leading charity icons consider this the pinnacle of their charitable response in such unique times.

P.s. this isn't to single out footballers. There are people who are earning far more than them who take out far more from society than they give back in comparison too. I'm just responding to the figures in this article.
They are all giving money to their own countries,pep a million euros,sane half a million euros etc,you could say the english players should be giving the most here,they also have their own charities,they are doing plenty,football is not the saviour for all ills but they are the first expected to help,i don't hear the gov calling on the millionares in the cabinet give up money or their party funders or bankers etc
Footballers are also taking a big pay cut

They are all giving money to their own countries,pep a million euros,sane half a million euros etc,you could say the english players should be giving the most here,they also have their own charities,they are doing plenty,football is not the saviour for all ills but they are the first expected to help,i don't hear the gov calling on the millionares in the cabinet give up money or their party funders or bankers etc

Who is giving loads of money to other countries health services? The people you mention. It is highly likely that you know about them because they are news worthy. Ie out of the ordinary. Not widespread.

I'm not saying football is or should be the saviour of everything. I'm not saying that they are any more worthy of criticism than other rich individuals who take huge rewards but don't contribute much in times of crisis. I'm saying that this initiative is not worthy of big praise or fans like you being sycophantic towards them. Save that for big contributors like Pep.

This is the equivalent (but less stressful for them) of you donating a one off £100.

Also if they all have their own charities (a cliche, not a fact) them this contribution here, in extreme times, would seem to suggest that their normal charitable contributions would be even less. Not that it is anyone's business what they do for charities but people like you seem to revel in this 'they do so much for charity' stance but have no real evidence as to what this means and how significant it is.

Last edited:
Who is giving loads of money to other countries health services? The people you mention. It is highly likely that you know about them because they are news worthy. Ie out of the ordinary. Not widespread.

I'm not saying football is or should be the saviour of everything. I'm not saying that they are any more worthy of criticism than other rich individuals who take huge rewards but don't contribute much in times of crisis. I'm saying that this initiative is not worthy of big praise or fans like you being sycophantic towards them. Save that for big contributors like Pep.

This is the equivalent (but less stressful for them) of you donating a one off £100.

Also if they all have their own charities (a cliche, not a fact) them this contribution here, in extreme times, would seem to suggest that their normal charitable contributions would be even less. Not that it is anyone's business what they do for charities but people like you seem to revel in this 'they do so much for charity' stance but have no real evidence as to what this means and how significant it is.
What? ours are all doing their bit for their own countries,i follow twitter and here
People like me? fans like you? Our players are giving to their own countries,this to our nhs and taking a pay cut
What are you doing ?

What? ours are all doing their bit for their own countries,i follow twitter and here
People like me? Our players are giving to their own countries,this to our nhs and taking a pay cut
What are you doing ?

Sorry, not got time to be drawn into your incoherence.

My point is made in my posts. Feel free to come up with something that debunks it. It isn't necessarily infallible.

But isnt that between the player and his club ?. I dont see why or how City players taking a pay cut would or should help a rival club. If any club is in trouble than it's only right that club trys to get its staff to take a pay cut. If the staff dont want to than that club goes broke.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting that there should be a one size fits all solution. The only reason why that has even been mentioned is because the hopelessly out of touch PFA specifically told its members in the first instance not to negotiate with individual clubs.

This gesture is great, appreciated. The publicity will help repair some damage done by the likes of Walker etc, once the games begin we will return in droves to watch 22 mainly working class athletes chase an object around some grass for 90 mins after which experts analyse for days their every mistake .We will continue to abuse scousers, rags, erc as they will abuse us whilst they / we also stop to pay genuine respect to the departed including older members of every fanbase and our managers beloved mum. Life just goes on , hopefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.