COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s a relatively small move on the day so far - looked at the biotech and phrarms sector throughout this and I’m not sure there is a huge upside in this sector as there will be huge political pressure to quash any patents on this so mass generic drugs/vaccines can be produced. These companies are defacto extensions of government science and research departments now. They will certainly be recession/ depression proof though.

If the vaccine for covid proves to be a seasonal required one then you will see whichever company produce that go through the roof.

Scratch that gilead price my Portuguese google picked up usd close price - need to get a vpn

I've been told to report for work (on my day off I should add!) for a covid blood test. I was under the impression you got tested with swabs and not blood so I'm a bit confused?

Yes is the simple even obvious answer.

People reluctant to go to hospital (either fear or not wanting to burden the system) leading to delayed life-saving treatment. And a lot of operations and treatments deferred that while not life-threatening may be life-shortening.

So the narrative that the NHS is overwhelmed and can't cope needs to be changed. There is plenty of capacity currently and more is being added all the time (the Nightingale hospitals in Manchester and throughout the country). All sense of perspective seems to have gone out of the window and every media organisation is competing to offer the bleakest doomsday scenarios.

So the narrative that the NHS is overwhelmed and can't cope needs to be changed. There is plenty of capacity currently and more is being added all the time (the Nightingale hospitals in Manchester and throughout the country). All sense of perspective seems to have gone out of the window and every media organisation is competing to offer the bleakest doomsday scenarios.
Not just the media

Yes. It is encouraging. I think the caution from others is worthwhile because as they say the results of the trial have not yet been announced.

This report seems to have been the original report which was picked up by other media networks in the US. It hasn't registered with the UK media yet. After he gydroxychloroquine talk there's perhaps scepticism but if a drug treatment was to become available then this is probably just how the news would break. Jut hope though at the moment but that's better than nothing

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16...m_source=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter_organic
They used Remdesvidir on cruise ship passengers a month or so back with very positive results and the media (and markets) must have largely missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.