Newcastle United takeover?

It’s absolutely about Bein sports commercial interests. For all the fucking reasons I’ve already stated. It’s also been going on for over two years.

I'm aware of the Arabsat situation. BeIN tried to take them to court last year in France and it got thrown out.

They've already tried to threaten Serie A because the Supercoppa was played in Riyadh.

The Saudi's are about to get a piece of the Premier League which will in all likelihood see them venture into broadcast rights for the MENA area when BeIN's rights deal ends at the end of the 2021/2022 season. The Qataris wont want a bidding war for the rights.

I never said the piracy issue was a fabrication but this isn't about piracy alone. There's a longer term impact for the Qataris if this goes through.

I'm aware of the Arabsat situation. BeIN tried to take them to court last year in France and it got thrown out.

They've already tried to threaten Serie A because the Supercoppa was played in Riyadh.

The Saudi's are about to get a piece of the Premier League which will in all likelihood see them venture into broadcast rights for the MENA area when BeIN's rights deal ends at the end of the 2021/2022 season. The Qataris wont want a bidding war for the rights.

I never said the piracy issue was a fabrication but this isn't about piracy alone. There's a longer term impact for the Qataris if this goes through.

This is exactly why it shouldn't be allowed. Actual nations using football to fight battles between themselves, fuck that shit.

So they can't buy Newcastle because our owners got here first?

Saudi and Qatar are 2 seperate nations, I haven't mentioned City, who aren't owned by a nation. Newcastle will be, just like BEIN are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.