Newcastle United takeover?

You agree It's shit to have foreign powers using football to fight their battles?

Yes it's terrible but foreign powers will use any forum or mechanism available to get one over. It's shit but I don't think you can divorce sport from politics completely in today's world.

Yes it's terrible but foreign powers will use any forum or mechanism available to get one over. It's shit but I don't think you can divorce sport from politics completely in today's world.

You can't completely divorce it but you can do simple things like not letting a nation buy a football team. In 15 years we could have Uzbekistan Reds playing Saudi stripes, now is the time to take a stand and say fuck that shit. I'm beginning to hope football is stopped for 18 months so it can all collapse and fans can get some sort of control over their clubs.

Totally different case with a different defendant to what I’ve been talking about.

Ok. It's still them taking aim at The Saudi's for distributing pirated content. No the ruling does in no way absolve them of wrong doing and it in no way shoots down that Arabsat may be pirated content across the middle east and Africa.

But I just don't see this as BeIN protecting their product solely. I'm sure it's part of it but this deal has wider impacts on Qatar that I think they're posturing against.

You can't completely divorce it but you can do simple things like not letting a nation buy a football team. In 15 years we could have Uzbekistan Reds playing Saudi stripes, now is the time to take a stand and say fuck that shit. I'm beginning to hope football is stopped for 18 months so it can all collapse and fans can get some sort of control over their clubs.

Stop Americans owing football clubs because they buy them for one reason a cash cow.

But I just don't see this as BeIN protecting their product solely. I'm sure it's part of it but this deal has wider impacts on Qatar that I think they're posturing against.
They’re losing billions because they’ve paid for exclusive rights and a foreign nation is pirating the signal and broadcasting it around the mena region (and charging for it). There’s not a company in the world that wouldn’t kick off. Posturing my arse.

and they’ve got PL, UEFA, FIFA, WHO, Serie A and Bundesliga for company.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52375947

Going to be carnage on BeIN Sport next season. Saudi Arabia and Qatar aren’t on good terms and SA have also allowed BeIN Sport to be illegally beamed to a private service so all PL games can be shown for free in SA.

The punditry for Newcastle might be another level to what we even get! Haha
Surprised no one has mentioned it.

They’re loosing billions because they’ve paid for exclusive rights and a foreign nation is pirating the signal and broadcasting it around the mena region (and charging for it). There’s not a company in the world that wouldn’t kick off. Posturing my arse.

and they’ve got PL, UEFA, FIFA, WHO, Serie A and Bundesliga for company.

Each to their own but I can't see this as simply a rights issue. It's part of it but it's not their only reason.

Each to their own but I can't see this as simply a rights issue. It's part of it but it's not their only reason.
I don’t think you get quite how annoyed Bein are. On every broadcast they read a two minute statement with all the names sporting bodies than highlights the illegality of BeOutQ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.